Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Forget Kylie, show me some 80's hot hatches!!!!
  • Karinofnine

Retro83 – for you

[img]http://www.anthonymcgrath.co.uk/images/vehicles/rs500_01.jpg[/img]

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I had a Y reg (82/83) Mk 1 XR2 and it was fantastic, if a bit pricey for the front tyres it wrecked. Sadly demised into a load of concrete posts and a tree. 😥

Rich
    Free Member

What an amazing thread!

I've owned most of the cars on this thread (well, the cheaper ones), wouldn't have missed that era for anything. 🙂

HTTP404
    Free Member

phwoar

stonemonkey
    Free Member

90's but still a great car

Candodavid
    Free Member

I had one of those^^^ Clio Williams series 1, the bestest handling car I ever had, regulary getting into all kinds of mischief in it, baby came and the car was no longer the star 😕

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Sadly demised into a load of concrete posts and a tree.

Falling asleep didn't help.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I miss my old golf.

xcstu
    Free Member

Nova was always a cheap boy racer 😉

woody2000

Scirocco Storm

Charade GTti

Uno Turbo

Vortexracing

had one of these, and yes I know it wasn't a hatchback, but great fun

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Only just outside the limit, but one of these;

very nearly got me in trouble. The speedo was aligned rather differently to what I was used to. I then realised quite how fast I was going….

I then found out how rare a beastie it was! The owner also had, at one time, a proper SWB quattro homologation special. I was lucky enough to have a blast in that as well, but it was after the Pulsar and I was somewhat more careful….!

singletrackmind

I also had a brace of Manta GTE'S. '85 and '88 . The '88 was an exclusive that was mildly tuned and went like stink, as a 23 year old I was chuffed to bits with it.
    Someone asked if we got the strada arbath??, yes we did 2ltr twin can 8v factory twin 40 webbers and rust as standard. the worst handling car ever.
    What about the Nissan Cherry Turbo????? . I had one of those , fast but lethal.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Pic of my old E30 M3, not a hatch but definitely an 80's icon

T-Rex
    Free Member

Here's my Bad Boy, 205 Mi16:

jay_tht
    Free Member

Good tread…..

Not a hot hatch

But Renault 21 Turbo was a fine car..

http://www.renaultsport.lt/admin/editor/FileUpload/files/RENAULT-21-2l-turbo-1801.jpg

singletrackmind

CaptainFlashheart. I did exactly the same in a Mitsi 3000 GTO , was driving along the A27 , thinking to myself this thing is leaving everyone behind at 100kph ( 62mph) , when the speedo had already been converted to mph and we were tonning it along .

Bat1
    Free Member

Was a great thread ….Till someone stuck a Maestro up!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

STM, glad it wasn't just me!

xcstu
    Free Member

singletrackmind

http://www.netcarshow.com/saab/1984-900_turbo_16s/800×600/wallpaper_01.htm

ran a brace of these , 1 exactly the same as the one in the photo, and a red one . The only cars I have ever sold at a profit. 180bhp, mine had boost upgrades via the APC controller

Pigface
    Free Member

Sunny GTiR spent a couple of days following the "Lombard" in one of those 😆 humbled a few Cossies and had it off the clock on the straight before Trecastle 😳 it was a Jap import with a lot of Nismo tuning parts on it. Funnest car I have ever driven.

singletrackmind

Good God. I learnt to drive in a Fiat Strada. Not an Arbath, but a 65bhp 1300. It was a rotting pile of poo. My dad had a problem with mechanical things and put the battery in backwards, the electrics were never the same after that, then he snapped the key inside the ignition barrel, and that was bolted on with shear bolts. It died from tin worm when the front wishbone lost contact with the rest of the chassis.

Karinofnine

CFH

Pulsar – NICE

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Strangelove:
    The Integrale is practical in terms of being a smallish hstchback, 4wd, and the HUGE turbo lag means it isn't silly round town. The back seats even fold down to fit a bike in.

but

it's italian, they weren't built to last and parts are getting rarer. There nothing that makes them impossible to live with but i couldn't rely on it as an everyday car to get work.

Send me an email or go to EvoCorner if you want to know more, they really are special.

Mark

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Forget Kylie, show me some 80's hot hatches!!!!’ is closed to new replies.