Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Forest of Dean Uplift
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I got this email today:

I am emailing you to let you know about a new Uplift Service for mountain bikers that I am about to launch called Flyup Downhill.

The service is aimed specifically at downhill riders and is based in the Forest of Dean, at the Cannop Cycle Centre, Gloucestershire. The service is fully insured using a purpose built bike trailer and a 17 seat Ford Transit mini bus. The uplift service is starting on the 29th May and the website is up and running, taking bookings online already for that bank holiday weekend of the 29th May and onwards. We are open from Friday to Tuesday for 51 weeks of the year. 10am – 6pm in the summer and 10am – dusk in the winter. Please take a look at our website http://www.flyupdownhill.co.uk

Simon Ruskin

txr301
    Free Member

My mate and I are both booked in on the opening day, 29th May.

See you in a few weeks Simon!

Tim

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Best of luck to them.Cant see they will get many people on a monday or tuesday.One good thing at least when you come hammering down some of the runs there will be less people pushing their bikes up the trail which is hairy at times.Wonder if the trails will get more hammered this way?time will tell.Quite pricey for a day.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Not pricey at all – about the same as any other uplift.

postierich
    Free Member

Theres a hill in the Forest of Dean
    Lazy sods!

Driller
    Free Member

Great, we can't have too many uplift services.

More power to them, I'll have some of that.

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Maybe it is the same price as other lifts.But to me thats very pricey when you can ride the bike up there instead.Everybody to their own.

tazzymtb

uplift? but the forest of dean only has ikkle hillocks? jeez you downhill boys really are unfit knackers aren't you 😉

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Take it from me some of them are,i get about 5 runs in to their 1.

zangolin
    Free Member

remedyflyer – Member
    Maybe it is the same price as other lifts.But to me thats very pricey when you can ride the bike up there instead.Everybody to their own.

Have you ever tried riding 45lbs of downhill bike up a hill?

Bladerunner
    Free Member

To all you dudes who will use the uplift service ➡ dont forget that this means loads more wear on the runs 😉 so join Dean Trail Volunteers and help them repair , modify and improve the trails (and find them some sponsors) lol they need money for materials all the trails/runs are built and maintained by dedicated riders who give their time blood and sweat and want the Forest of Dean to be the Mountain Bike Mecca it should be
    Lecture Over :mrgreen:
    See you on the trails 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Are there downhill 'lite' options for lazy xc riders?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Bit late for improvement. They have already been screwed by spade work and signs.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Lots of the trails are xc able, all the 2 dot ones are (on the signs). Really good fun and the uphills are pretty tame for the fun you get. The red xc loop is naff though, too level for any excitment/challenge.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean Uplift’ is closed to new replies.