Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Forest of Dean, escape the in-laws
  • alfabus
    Free Member

I’m off for a weekend in the FOD with the extended in-laws where the main plan is to coo over a 1 year old girl whose birthday it is.

Bike is in the car, and I plan to escape on at least one of the days.

I’ve never been there before, what should I do? Googling shows there is a red route, but its only 4.5k. Couple of laps of that, then explore?

Dave

mboy
    Free Member

Find someone who knows at least a couple of routes. The 4.5k loop is worth doing if you’ve not been before, but it doesn’t take long. I usually start with it before veering off into a longer ride taking in plenty of other trails around the bits of the FOD that I know.

When you going?

alfabus
    Free Member

don’t know when I’m going to be allowed out, so would be tricky to arrange to meet anyone…

mboy
    Free Member

You’ll struggle to find much to ride unless you’re with someone who knows the area. You might get lucky and meet some nice people in the carpark though, you never know! FOD is always busy at the weekends…

alfabus
    Free Member

bugger…. well, in all likelihood I’ll be there on Sunday at some point.

I’ll be on my 575*, and if she can be persuaded to leave the baby alone, the missus will be on her pitch; we’ll be in our singletrack staple transport of an A4 estate. If anyone spots us, please come and take pity and show us around 🙂

* – I would have brought my blizzard, but an epic stuck seatpost struggle last night went to the seatpost on a judges decision.

Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean, escape the in-laws’ is closed to new replies.