Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Forest of Dean Bluebell woods (Pics)
  • tollah
    Free Member

One of the best years I’ve seen down there today, don’t ask where as I won’t tell you 😉

sheldonattwood, on Flickr
    Clicky for more!

TheSwede
    Free Member

When do I start getting paid for making you’re photos look good 😉 nice day, shame about the company 😉

amt27
    Free Member

found this near my place (in the FOD) yesterday

tazzymtb

photos of the swede not in ladies clothing for once shocker!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I now know why me and Mr Goz had such clear trails on Good Friday,you were not blocking them up chatting and taking pics till today that was a shame :lol:.Great conditions down there.Few options at the end of the MC trail now by the trees very sandy.When is the grand opening of the new XC trail?Will keep the trails secret 😉

Goz
    Free Member

I dont think many peeps get out of worcester lodge, as DJ said nice clear dusty trails on fri……long may the dry weather continue.

mokl
    Free Member

Had a good spin round the FOD today, and bluebells are definitely out in force!

Re. the new XC trail, I must admit that I am not sure I like what they’ve done with it, although I’ll reserve judgement until it’s open and bedded in. It’s certainly knackered a few little bits of trail that I used to really like, and I can’t imagine how riding on that gravel stuff could compare to negotiating layers of roots. Oh well, I’m sure it’ll please a lot of people, and it just increased my resolve to find more new trails and improve my loop – which I did today with great success. I don’t believe I saw another mountain biker in the 3 hours or so I was outside the Sallow Vallets area!

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Mincing in the bluebells with Swede taking shots ? you KON boys are so extreme 😯 See in the beer tent next weekend you fine chaps.

singlespeedstu

Swede in riding a MTB instead of sitting about in his undercrackers or riding a roadbike shocker.

*sticks two fingers up to pant wearing roady Swede* 🙄 😉

tollah
    Free Member

I’m reserving judgement on the new trail too but it may be nice for a quick blast round once a proper ride has been done. I’ve heard that there may be a new trail etched out for the Enduro now they’ve smooved out most of the old one.

Mc trail is riding nice but not as nice as Dungeons and Dragons is 🙂

Edit, Stumpy, looking forward to it!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Oi! I even road a main stream non niche/boutique 26er just to keep it real. Sticks the bird up at stu and the smokey braided hair, hemp knicker wearing, welsh camp site dwelling, old hippy lady.

psling
    Free Member

Ooh, if I stand on my wardrobe and look out of my bedrom window I can just about see that secret trail 😉

Ref the new trail; it’s a bit of a double-edged sword. It’s great to have investment into MTBing in the FoD but the investment is conditional on the type of trail built. The FoD is viewed as more of a family destination than a MTB Trail Centre and the trail builders are restricted by specified maximum gradients, length of continuous incline, type of surface, etc., etc..
    View it as a great loop to access some even greater singletrack 8) Having said that, after exploring some of it on foot there look to be some lovely sweeping berms (a Rowan Sorrell trademark) 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean Bluebell woods (Pics)’ is closed to new replies.