Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Forearm ache
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Wednesday arm pump and trials riding today is causing much pain in my forearms.

With Oury grips as well for goodness sake. I might start crying but before that, any suggestions for relief?

Edit: The pint of beer is too heavy.

andyl
    Free Member

First get a straw for your pint

Second maybe stop putting so much weight on your arms and relax your grip and use your core muscles more? (someone may be along shortly with more of an idea but that is what I do)

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Excellent advice.

*gets a straw*

wysiwyg
    Free Member

A weight a rope and a stick. Wind up. Wind down.

andyl
    Free Member

Enjoy the beer!

cookeaa

Brake lever angle? Pointing to far down cam cause a bit of an issue with “arm pump”…

Suggsey
    Free Member

Mine was caused by brake lever angle but also on the bike I was on the lever blades are longer than on my other bikes and I single finger brake with my index fingers…..trouble is I was using the inner hook of the lever blade…..so swapped the brake levers even further inboard…..looks a bit weird I must admit but at least now I have proper mechanical advantage o n the lever blade and I’m no longer rolling my wrist in to pull on them as hard.
    NB….the brakeset is a mega cheap Clarkes/Magura set for use/abuse/crash/throw away use.

eltonerino
    Free Member

I cured arm ache by changing the fork*. From Suntour xcm3 to X Fusion sweeps. Now I get leg ache before arm ache.

*and the rest of the bike too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Forearm ache’ is closed to new replies.