• This topic has 168 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)
  • Football- WHO CARES?
  • hora
    Free Member

Ferdinand is out. Out of what? Who cares!

We have TWO world champions on the grid in F1. NOT won **** all in football for decades yet everytime we analyse. pour-over the team etc etc like we are actually going to get anywhere?!

Why do some people call you unpatriotic because you feel Germany would be a better team to support?

Its bloody-kicking a ball round a field not WWII.

terrahawk
    Free Member

you've no interest in football but you support Germany?

you're weird

hora
    Free Member

I "feel" Germany would be a better team to back.

(Doesn't mean I'd support them).

higgo
    Free Member

This thread has been done before and better.

hora
    Free Member

I just hope 'we' go out bloody early rather than painful boring bollocks allover again.

terrahawk
    Free Member

hang a massive German flag on the front of your house then.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I care. Lots. And?

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Misserable bastards.

I'm not a football fan, but I'll still watch and support the national team.

X111
    Free Member

I couldn't care less about the over-paid, self-obsessed, namby pamby so-called footballers. I hope they go out quickly and the commentators stop going on about 1966.
    Oh well, lets get ready for the excuses for why they crashed and burned.
    Too hot, too cold, bad-hair day??????

nickjb
    Free Member

I care, but not enough to start a thread.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Misserable bastards.

There's nothing miserable about not being a football fan, or avoiding the world cup. I hate football and always have. I won't be watching the international tournaments of any other sports I don't like either.

The attitude towards football baffles me. If you say you don't like F1, the Six Nations or even the Olympics, people just accept it. They can fathom the concept that you could just happen to dislike it. But saying you wont be watching the football world cup seems to be met with levels of incredulity more often reserved for those found eating their own arm.

What's more bizarre, I know many people who frequently claim to hate football, yet of them all I can name only one person who won't be sat watching the England games, drawn helplessly to it because everyone else is.

If it's England V Germany in the World Cup Final, I'll be out in the Peak on my bike enjoying the empty trails. Because I like bikes more than football. What a misery I am.

the-muffin-man

I care – I'm also a big supporter of F1 – and many other sports.

Just because we haven't won the world cup in decades doesn't mean we don't produce world class players and teams.

hora
    Free Member

I care, but not enough to start a thread.

Who brought us…
    "What text for a hi viz jacket?"

hang a massive German flag on the front of your house then.

How many football fans support the domestic team closest to where they come from?

🙄

My point is, its a game right? SO WHY DO WE HAVE TO HEAR MINUTE BY MINUTE UPDATES AND THOSE **** STUPID FLAGS ON CARS?

iDave
    Free Member

in some whys i'd like england to lose in the last minute of the final, purely to heap crushing disappointment on the lives of xenophobic retarded fans. like my neighbours with their plastic auto accoutrements. i know it would upset lots of other people too, but they have the necessary cerebral activity to move on from the upset and not develop further disorders. harsh maybe.

rocket
    Free Member

I care about the football. I think F1 is the dullest crock of sh1te around.

Oh, and you would be unpatriotic if you 'feel' Germany would be the better team to support if you were English, not German. Patriotism is a feeling of loyalty to your nation, which you wouldn't be displaying here. I've not checked a dictionary on this but it seems pretty straight forward to me, Fritz 😀

hora
    Free Member

I'll stick to sports where I don't have to fear violence from fans or the homophobia.

iDave
    Free Member

yeah hora, those spanish F1 fans are a delight……

jackthedog
    Free Member

Sport is brilliant! As is the Queen!

tree-magnet
    Free Member

jackthedog – Member

There's nothing miserable about not being a football fan,

I didn't say there was. Whether they like football or not, the majority of the posts on this thread come across as misserable.

eg:

hora – Member
    I just hope 'we' go out bloody early rather than painful boring bollocks allover again.

I don't see many football fans hoping England get knocked out of the Rugby WC early so they don't have to watch it or hear about it on the news. Or England and Wales to lose the ashes. Or……….

I think some people get wound up too easily. Like I said, I'm not a football fan but I certainly don't want the National team to do badly just because it bores me. I'd say that's a good indication of misery myself.

hora
    Free Member

Rugby? We are going on for 50yrs since we last won a World cup at footy.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Why do some people call you unpatriotic because you feel Germany would be a better team to support?

because it's unpatriotic? (unless you're German)

I care – true I don't follow footy domestically, but I get excited about the world cup. and the olympics, and the RWC, and the six nations. Love it all.

I really don't get whingy posts like this – if you hate it that much, get on your bike and ride it somewhere where there are not tellys (it might even be deserted, save for other unhappy, scowling football hating members of STW, but you'll probably get along fine)

Come on Engerland!!!!

hora
    Free Member

I've just had a horrible thought. What if someone up there decides to punish me and make my hora junior gifted and mad about football. Not truly but just enough that I have support him at lower 1st division clubs. Truly that is Dante's seventh level of hell 😕

jimbobrighton – fake!

jackthedog
    Free Member

I don't see many football fans hoping England get knocked out of the Rugby WC early so they don't have to watch it or hear about it on the news. Or England and Wales to lose the ashes.

Good point, you're right.

The difference is I don't feel the ashes/six nations/even wimbledon or any other sport is rammed down the nation's collective throat in quite the same unstoppable, aggressive way. The world cup is truly inescapable, dominating the news channels, the papers, conversation, restaurants, pubs, supermarkets – it's everywhere you look. That's the problem for those of us who don't like football. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction – the more none-fans have something forced on them, the more they will object.

So yes, I agree it is miserable to wish disappointment on the nation. But I can totally see why people do it. For some of us, the quicker it's over with, the better.

The world cup is a bit like christmas. It sends the nation into a bizarre trance for a short while, and it's all anyone can talk about and then it's gone. The special offers, the newspaper pull outs, the novelty burgers, the flags – all gone. Hidden away in the loft until next time, just like the tinsel and the baubles.

hora
    Free Member

Oh I am patriotic.

Ellen MacArthur, Damon Hill, Hamilton. :mrgreen:

tree-magnet
    Free Member

The world cup is a bit like christmas. It sends the nation into a bizarre trance for a short while, and it's all anyone can talk about and then it's gone. The special offers, the newspaper pull outs, the novelty burgers, the flags – all gone. Hidden away in the loft until next time, just like the tinsel and the baubles.

And the problem with that is…?

hora
    Free Member

At least football players are real and not a work of fiction. That bit IS true.

jackthedog
    Free Member

And the problem with that is…?

No problem. I don't understand it, but there's no problem. Just trying to offer an insight into why some folk might seem so vocally opposed to the WC. Enjoy your football, I'll enjoy the empty trails 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

And don't forget, everytime you're riding along on your bike and someone nearly kills you because they:
    a) are shit at driving
    b) hate cyclists
    or
    c) Really couldn't care less one way of the other…..

….they'll be football supporters. It's a well known correlation.

spacemonkey

Up until the 2006 WC I could honestly say I'd watched at least part (and in most cases all 90 mins) of every England game since being a kid in the early 80's. And then I got fed up with the way money was killing the game and creating the greed culture etc. Since then I've not really been bothered about us. I don't expect us to win this WC and I won't give a monkey if we go out. The players have long since lost touch with the real world and I just can't be ar5sed anymore.

epicyclo

Ban football and turn all football stadia into velodromes I say 🙂

markfu
    Free Member

Football is Englands national sport, if you don't like it get over it, move on, don't watch it, don't begrudge those that do like it. Go bog snorkelling or something instead.

Jamie
    Free Member

Higgo – Member
    This thread has been done before and better.

I agree. There is something sooooo 2nd rate about Hora's posts.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

i don't like football but i do like my country. If my country's in a competition no matter what it is then i support them. When we get knocked out, (inevitably) then i wont give a damn

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Miserable isn't not being interested, miserable is feeling the need to tell everyone.
    Poor troll.

hora
    Free Member

Miserable isn't not being interested, miserable is feeling the need to tell everyone.
    Poor troll.

🙄 I don't like the 24/7 hysteria and over-building of hope and expectation.

So come on then. Who is your 'alternative' team choice for the cup? We all know England fans have a secret default team who they actually fancy to win/look good on the pitch etc..

Edric64
    Free Member

We have TWO world champions on the grid in F1. NOT won **** all in football

Thats a crap comparison hardly anyone does f1 millions play football worldwide I bet it's harder to shine at football because of the competition .

konabunny
    Free Member

where does the nickname "wendyball" come from?

And how is babby formed?

Caher

Love football but I have no particular affiliation to any team. Yesterday my girlfriend dragged me off to Milan to get a suit for my mates wedding but as she shopped I went on a tour of the San Siro there were about 100 people an hour, men woman and children from all over the world. Says it all about a shared passion.
    Never got the suit.

hora
    Free Member

Thats a crap comparison hardly anyone does f1 millions play football worldwide I bet it's harder to shine at football because of the competition .

You don't just walk into a F1 seat. You go through the karting scene (money can help here but talent is needed to win).

Even if you are a champion in Karts doesn't mean you will get a seat in single seaters (many many formula there).

In football, true there is competition however Scouts are out spotting etc.

One requires talent, the other requires many more things along with enormous talent.

True there are comical drivers who lasted a handful of races who got their seat by money on the back of some talent and connections.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Football- WHO CARES?’ is closed to new replies.