Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Food PSA for the Hampshire/Wiltshire folks (And a general cheese PSA!)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Robinson’s in Stockbridge have some excellent smoked trout for £4 a side at the moment. A massive amount of brilliant, locally caught and smoked fishy goodness. Bargainously good!

They also have this in stock;

From the same people who created the utterly sublime Tunworth, this is basically a Hampshire Vacherin Mont d’Or. It’s delicious.

Drac

Mmmmm! Cheese.

CountZero

Mmmmm, much cheesy goodness! Smoked trout sounds interesting, I’ve eaten fresh trout before, but smoked sounds extra yummy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Drac, be sure to try some if you see it anywhere! Tunworth or Winslade, both brilliant cheeses. Tunworth is a Camembert that’s as good as any from the AOC. (Disclaimer – I used to live in the Pont-l’Évêque region of Normandy, so I am of the opinion that Camembert is over rated anyway! 🙂 )

CZ, smoked trout v salmon is a bit like crab v lobster. One gets all the press and all the price mark up, and one is utterly delicious. I’d always choose crab or trout!

dobo
    Free Member

cheese and trout and local too good psa

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you, Dobo?

cinnamon_girl

I’ve cycled around Tunworth and Winslade but eat neither soft cheese nor trout!

Must get to Robinson’s though.

ianfitz
    Free Member

What! A Brie type cheese made in Britain that actually worth eating?

I’m still to try one but it does look good in the photo…

Is mail order an option??

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh thanks CFH, shall be there soon to fill the car up 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Winslade isn’t like Brie, it’s like Vacherin Mont d’Or! Tunworth is like Camembert.

Online – http://www.finecheese.co.uk/tunworth.html

stimpy
    Free Member

Cracking PSA will nip over and get some of that cheese 🙂

daftvader
    Free Member

Smoked trout and watercress salad….. Get your watercress from whitchurch whilst out on the bike!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Food PSA for the Hampshire/Wiltshire folks (And a general cheese PSA!)’ is closed to new replies.