Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Flytippers and house builders?
  • ton

are they worse than dogturd parcel hangers?

a mountain of roof insulation

2 yrs ago this estate was not here. from the far right of the 1st pic to the far left of the 2nd, there ran a path at the side of a stream.
    the stream has gone, and so has the path.
    it was a nice mile or so of cheekiness

and this capped a pretty depressing ride off.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ton they are the bane of my life and when people are happy to pay some numpty in a van £20 to take their crap away they are suprised it is dumped in a lane.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ton I would report it to the Environment Agency, that amount of material falls into their remit. 0800 807060 to report it.

ton

just sent a email with photo’s to local council.

jamesco

Definately report to environment agency and or council fly tippers squad. Is that Rotherham area by any chance ?

ton

no, leeds/wakefield boundary.

bigG
    Free Member

To hell with the fly tippers, you’ll burn in the fiery pits of hell for turning your bike upside down to fix a puncture, folk like you deserve all you get.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Somebody fly tipped a load of those houses on the outside of our town too, and that’s why I can’t sell mine.

bruneep

Do you carry that repair shelter on every ride?

Liftman

Is it he picture or is their something missing from the bottom of your forks

AlasdairMc

That’s what I thought too Liftman. My Recons don’t look like that

hora
    Free Member

Someones fitted bars from a girls 1970s bike as well. Where are the bar streamers?

Bregante

Those forks defo don’t look right…

johnnystorm

Teal frame suggests 29er on one. 29er forks just need to be longer, not travel further. Presumably the guys of the recon stays the same and they make the lower longer and put in a hole to access the adjustment?

/Sherlock

Back to OP. Awful behaviour by some shitbag, the dumping that is. Not turning bike upside down for puncture repair.

shifter
    Free Member

Biggest crime in that pic is sitting the bike on the lamp!

How do you like the bars? Thinking of getting some for commuting.

psling
    Free Member

Ahh, I see! You’re fixing a puncture… I thought the scrap metal in the shelter was more fly-tipping… 😆 😉

Some people just don’t give a toss, do they. We get stuff dumped here in forest gateways within a mile of so of a tip/recycling plant; just cannot understand why 🙁 OK, cctv can be set up at regular dumping spots but other than that how do you patrol every dark lane during the night.

alanl
    Free Member

There’s no excuse for flytipping, but I know why they do it.
    The last Governmemnt brought in Legislation that forced anyone who carries trade waste to obtain a waste licence for their vehicle. That is £140 for 3 years for every vehicle.
    Any scheme with common sense would make a Company pay a one-off charge to cover all their vehicles, but common sense doesnt come into it.
    Ok, roughly £50/yr isnt too bad.
    So now I can use the local tip to chuck my building waste.
    Actually, no.
    Once you have your carriers licence, you then need a Council Permit that allows you to use their designated tip. Ok, £20 ish to get that. Then they say you cant use the tip 2 miles from your house, you can only use the one 15 miles away.
    “What? but you take building waste at my local tip”
    Arr, but that is householders dumping there, the Trade can only dump at the other tip.
    So you drive to the other tip to throw away the bath you have just taken out, possibly weighs 25kg, so, you know you will have to pay £70/tonne to dump, but 25kg is only going to be a couple of quid.
    Then you weigh in, and get told there is a minimum charge. Half a tonne. So then you have to pay £35 to dump a single bath, after having to do a 30 mile round trip to dump it.
    Suddenly the £100 you have charged to swap a bath doesnt seem too good for you, you’ve made less than £60.

The next week, you go back with a few more things, after storing them for a week to get enough tom make it worthwhile to go to the tip. You’ve cleaned the van out over the weekend, and forgot to put your Waste Carriers Licence back into your van. The tip ask to see your Licence before they’ll weigh you.”But you know me, I come here every week”
    They refuse to let you in. (yes, they do do that, even when they know you have a valid licence)
    Then. you get home that day, and find a letter from the Council. You’ve kept a couple of baths and panels in your front garden for a week, to make the cost of dumping less.
    The council are now prosecuting you for storing Trade waste at your house. They say you are fully conversant with the Trade Waste Legislation, as you have a Liccence and permit, so you should know that storing waste at home is an offence.
    So now you are being fined £100, because you wanted to be legitimate, but didnt want to be robbed of £35 for a single item at the tip, whereas you could fill the van up once a week and pay the same amount.

If you did all of the above, that is try to be legitimate, then your faith in the Legislation would be sorely tested.
    If you had no interest in being legitimate, why bother? Just dump wherever you can, and the occasional fine will likely be less than the ongoing cost of being legitmate.
    Being caught is so unlikely anyway, that it is a risk that many think is worth taking.

So, firstly, blame the scumbags who do it, then , the idiotic Council Officials who implement these Laws, to the letter, rather then being sanguine about it,giving it some thought, then allowing anyone to dump at any tip, as that is better than paying to clear the illegal dumping everywhere.

But, knowing Council Officials, nothing will change, as they have no idea how to think for themselves, unless there is a vested interest for the council, or themselves.
    See, they have income from licences. tipping and permits now. If that was to stop, for say, vans under 1 tonne, they can easily work out how much income they will not get next year.
    But, the illegal dumping isnt costed, as, well, it is illegal, so they justify taxing the Legal more, and put the flytipping down as an illegal activity that costs all the taxpayers, so everyone pays 10p per year for this clearing, whereas it would be 2p if the tips were open to all.
    But, Council Officials are not normal, and cannot see the bigger picture.

project
    Free Member

Ton they are the bane of my life and when people are happy to pay some numpty in a van £20 to take their crap away they are suprised it is dumped in a lane.

As a man with a van who works in peoples homes, i am often asked to take/dump their unwanted stuff , the answer is ALWAYS NO, where do i take it, our local recycling centre doesnt allow vans without a householders permit, (yes i have one for my stuff but not for others stuff), then before it was introduced, i would say there was a charge of 35 quid, customers usually failed to realise the cost of running a van, the mileage in getting to a tip and returning from there to base.Not forgetting where to leave the tools while it was full of their rubbish.

If customers want stuff removing its their rubbish and they need to pay a legally responsible company to remove it, not ask some bloke with a van to just take it away.

singlespeedstu

29er forks just need to be longer, not travel further. Presumably the guts of the recon stays the same and they make the lower longer and put in a hole to access the adjustment?

Correct.

Reba and Rev 29ers are the same.

ton

How do you like the bars? Thinking of getting some for commuting.

i love em. i have a fused wrist, and suffer far too much pain with risers.
    lady bars suit my riding style too…….. 😆

shifter
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

Crag
    Free Member

Where abouts is that Ton?

ton

b/w from carr gate to nr the nook pub.

jamesco

Less like rhubarb triangle an’ more like pikey triangle when I pass that area these days, says alot when those pics could be mistaken for just about anywhere on the urban fringe in the UK nowadays……..slopes off with dejected air shaking head and tutting.

Junkyard
    Free Member

knowing Council Officials, nothing will change, as they have no idea how to think for themselves, unless there is a vested interest for the council, or themselves.

They dont set the legislation or the rules for this it is central govt so they have no leeway over the rules

I see why you are cross but at least vent at those who set the rules not those who enforce them

tthew

Good explanation alanl, but far to coherent, well punctuated and correctly spelt to gain many rant points. 2/10.

Reba and Rev 29ers are the same.

as are current Reba and SID 26ers. It’s just the current design to have all the suspension gubbins high up in the fork, though it does look like Ton has lost his rebound adjustment knob.

zbonty

Scumbags!

dabble
    Free Member

I found some fly tipped rubbish the other day. I photographed it and sent the photos to the council. The berk had dumped a crap old settee and chair set, some bags of rubbish and a cardborad box with his name, address and phone number on. So i took a close up photo of that and passed it on to the council too.

Fair play to the council, I went back 3 days later and it had gone.

It beggars belief what goes through some folks heads, if your gonna flytip i woudn’t advise tipping something wi your name, address n number on it. What a plonker.

qwerty
    Free Member

I’m not making it right, but, some of the refuse rules & regulations only serve to encourage fly tipping and the like. I’m currently in the position of having an asbestos garage roof to dispose of, council don’t have a facility for my quantity, its £700+vat for a skip or £100 for a gentleman in a white van to remove it…….

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Of course the polite thing to do is park the van outside the tip and carry the stuff in. That confuses them immensely.

Phil_H

I’ve seen the Fife environmental wardens in stab vests prowl round town backed up by mobile cctv busting people for dropping cigarette ends yet a mountain of rubbish bags (complete with documents containing addresses) dumped in the yard at my work “Oh we’ll go and tell them not to do it again and as they’ve been dumped on private property you will have to get rid of it”

A couple of days later I get a visit from the same environmental warden to tell me they found my name & address in on a box in the yard.
    Hardly surprising considering we keep the bins & the recycling in the yard and that’s where we put the cardboard for recycling.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Flytippers and house builders?’ is closed to new replies.