Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Float CTD rear shock, which volume reducer?
  • endurokid
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m looking to tweak my rear shock as it tends to blow through its travel, although it don’t really suffer any excessive bottoming out. It’s a 2013 CTD Kashima on a Covert (#26aintdead).

Looking online it seems quite easy to fit a volume reducer spacer but I’m not sure which one to go for, any ideas?

Cheers

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Start with the biggest and work your way down. That’s what I did on my 2013 covert (29er), though the second to largest spacer was already installed. It didn’t make a huge amount if difference. I’ve recently been playing with my rebound damping and turning it down (less damping) and that is having a much bigger impact. I suspect I probably had the rebound over damped, it now feels much more lively and poppy with less damping, though I have to be more aggressive with my weight shift more to the rear to prevent being buckaroo’d over the bars. It’s an easy adjustment to make and it actually inspires a bit more confidence. I still use all the shock travel, but the bike feels much much better so it’s not something that’s bothering me any more.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Float CTD rear shock, which volume reducer?’ is closed to new replies.