Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Flickr – Anything better?
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Lost it with Flickr today, it seems so awkward to use and trying to find the BB code on an iPad is near impossible. Also since it moved to Yahoo or somewhere I can’t remember my log in details so can’t get it open on the new Mac.

Anyway, moan over. Is there a better place to store photo’s for sharing on site such as STW?

Thanks

John

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sounds like the problem is more fruit based than yahoo 😉

flyingmonkeycorps

Photobucket seems quite good just for sharing, and 500px seems ok for the more social aspect of Flickr.

samuri
    Free Member

You need to access using the webpage rather than the app to find the BB code on flickr IIRC. It’s crap on android as well.

samuri
    Free Member

But yeah, they have lost it.

The display is all wrong now, it’s much harder to see what the people you follow are posting and the BB code stuff is crap and the app is nightmarish and the thing that really winds me up is when you search in your own timeline for something, say ‘dildo’, you can look at that picture but you can’t then look at the pictures you took immediately before and after it. You could do that before and it’s like they turned it off simply out of spite.,

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not sure what Flickr (Yahoo) where thinking, with more users going to mobile devices they remove functionality from mobile apps and make login more difficult. I recently deleted my apps, just need to find an alternative so waiting with interest to see what is suggested here.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Try pbase

jimification
    Free Member

I use Smugmug and am very happy with it. Never thought I’d pay for photo hosting but I looked at a LOT of photo hosting sites and decided I don’t mind paying a small fee when the service is that good.

derekfish
    Free Member

+1 on all that, they’ve really bolloxed it up, I’ll give that photo bucket a look..

Muke
    Free Member

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Flickr – Anything better?’ is closed to new replies.