Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Flat pedals
  • gnusmas

I am thinking if getting some flat pedals for my Stiffee. I generally ride with spds, but thinking i can just jump on in my trainers and have a do if i get a chance.

What recommendations would be advised these days?

Thanks

transporter13
    Free Member

Htpao3a
    30 quid
    Plastic so light but hard wearing
    Grippy as a grippy thing
    Range of colours

I have them on all my bikes so may be slightly biased 😉

daviek

Nukeproof Neutrons maybe or Superstar nano-x ? can usually get cash off the superstar ones when they have an offer on.

They will chew up the soles of your shoes though, I use an old pair of assics when im on my bike and the pins do eat into them.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Long time flat pedal user here….

exotic (cc components) alloy flats

Superstar Nanos

But my favourite is

HT ANS01 brilliant flat pedals and light at 355g give or take

Northwind

Nukeproof Horizon plastic is another excellent one. TBH there’s loads of great choices now.

gnusmas

Will have a look at your suggestions so far, thankyou.

I still haven’t found my saint pedals and before that the last flats i had were DMR V8s about 7 years ago. Loads of choice as you say Northwind, hence asking for opinions before sorting them out.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Happy with my Nukeproof Electrons.

There’s a set on each bike.

joebristol

You’ve got loads of options at £30. For similar money to that I’ve got Wellgo mg1’s on my hardtail play bike which are very light and quite grippy. On my FS I’ve got exotic alloy flats – they’re a little heavier than the mg1’s (that’ll be the aluminium alloy vs magnesium), but a lot tougher / a little wider and grippier.

Out the two I’d go for the exotic’s again I think. With 5-10’s they’re amazing. They’ve had some hefty rock strikes and just keep coming back for more.

Equally I’ve had a go on some of the plastic pedals that are around these days and they’re pretty good and very light. Electrons / Horizons / Chesters etc. I prefer alloy for no real reason.

Exotics:

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?product_code=CC-PED07F

Wellgo:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wellgo.mg-1&client=safari&hl=en-gb&biw=375&bih=559&tbas=0&tbs=vw:l,p_ord:p,mr:1,ss:44&tbm=shop&prmd=sivn&srpd=3754021988165390442&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:3754021988165390442&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_uqDW3_DWAhWBtBoKHatQACEQgjYI1QY

The Wellgo’s looked so nice out of the box – they’re a white with a pearlescent flip / sparkle to them – but loads of the paint has rubbed off and they look much less nice now. The exotics are holding up much better.

scc999

Superstar plastic ones. Got a set on two bikes in our house. Grippy and cheap.

I did manage to bend an axle slightly in a massive crash but not so much that I notice it when pedalling.
    If you do get some, ake sure to tighten all the pins up out of the box.

kayak23

What recommendations would be advised these days?

When you jump over something, remember your bike ain’t attached.

gnusmas

When you jump over something, remember your bike ain’t attached.

😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.