Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Flat Pedals
  • richc
    Free Member

may'be. I went from SPD's to V8's with trainers, and the cramp was crippling after a few hours riding. I switched to some wider pedals (same shoes) and it went away, hence why I think they are too narrow for my feet (size 11)

Onzadog
    Free Member

That makes sense, I'll be moving from Shimano 181 shoes to a pair of size 9 5.10 impact low shoes. Do I need to find a pedal as wide as the shoes then? How far in do people normally place their feet?

Northwind

Wellgo MG1s here, they're like V12s only better really (people call them "V8 copies", but as Wellgo make the V8s and V12s too, that's a bit of a nonsense- these are cheaper and better, they just lack a cool name)

cinnamon_girl

Polite request – any chance of someone with Straitlines measuring them please? Would be interested to know how they compare size-wise with my Funn Soljams. Thank you so much.

tails
    Free Member

ah normally CG I'd be out causing mischief with alcohol and girls but seeing as I have used my face as a brake I'm in so can give you the lo-down.

Straitline have a ruff platform size 100mm x 100mm not including the axle, just platform.

Here is a service video to straitline pedals

Here is a good honest review of the pedals the design has changed a bit

My view DMR type pedals are decent maybe a little small but you adjust to this or don't notice it, their pedals are copied for a reason. I now own straitlines the platform is bigger meaning you can move your foot around more this is both positive and negative. The most noticeable difference is they grip so much more than DMR even with a basic shoe, slipping a pedal means blood but also a very rare occurrence.

what i would say is i paid a believe 70 or 80 quid, normal price i think is a round 1ner, alot to spend but remember this is your hobby/passion so money should be spent on it. If I were you I would hang on, from my internet trawling at eurobike. acros master of bearings I'm led to believe brought out a pedal it looks top notch, also so did NC17 again light and looked good and last but not least canfield have a super thin pedal out which I'll wait to see what dirt mag say but I reckon straitlines days as King of Pedal may be over.

One more point most colours straitline make are anodized so look good longer

cinnamon_girl

Aw poor tails 🙁 Don't you know chicks dig scars 😉

Will check out those links, thank you.

I just don't find the DMRs that good. I like my Funn Soljams but they look really silly on my silly-light hardtail so they are on the singlespeed. That works well for pedal stomping except when I damage my calves from the long pins 😯

£100 is an awful lot to pay which is why I would like to actually see them first. May hold off for a bit if others are coming on to the market.

Cheers.

tails
    Free Member

right if the funns look silly so will the straitlines as they are big, the canfield though will look class clicky linky

chicks might dig scars but not on your forehead and nose.

Mackem

Any recommendations for shoes to use with flats?

tails
    Free Member

i believe 5:10 here are what sam hill and nathen rennie use and they have won world cups and world champs. But any shoe within reason will do from a vans waffle sole to my favourite adidas forest hill or superstar

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Flat Pedals’ is closed to new replies.