Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Flat Pedals
  • eistrar
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for some flat pedals to put on my hardtail but don’t really know what is best on the market at the moment.

I’m quite interested in the DMR v12’s and also the Shimano DX MX30’s.

So what is the best on sale? Any advice would be appreciated.

eistrar

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought some Tioga Surefoot MX Pro pedals:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=11363

I think they are great: They have far more grip than the V8s I had before.

grumm
    Free Member

Mate just got some Wellgo MG1s, they seem pretty good and fairly light.

Jamie
    Free Member

Had some DMR v12s for over a year now and apart from the usual paint wearing off they have been brilliant.

rOcKeTdOg

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

DMR’s are good, but not great, hurt my feet after a few hours as there’s very little suppourting your sole.

truvative ones are the most comfortable ones ive tried, lots of patform to spread your weight over.

eistrar
    Free Member

Just a quick question about the DMR v12’s,

Is there a lot of differance between the regular version and the magnesium’s? Worth the price differance?

Pieface

I’d have said DMR, but as your putting them on a hardtail I’d say Shimano DX

snotrag

Excuse the blatant plug, but

these

Are great value = exactly the same as gusset slim jims, replaceable pins and sealed bearings. For less than 20 quid… winner!

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Magnesium slim jims are nice. Azonic x frames are nice also. I dont like the concave shape of dmrs.

cinnamon_girl

In Singletrack mag a while ago, they recommended the Funn Soljams. They are big and chunky but I prefer them to my DMR’s. Bearings are sealed too.

tails
    Free Member

As a general rule of thumb the closer your feet are to the axle the more control or “feel” you’ll have the problem with this is these kinda pedals are expensive, a set of straitlines are £80. I’ve used DMR in the past and they take a kicking and are easily rebuilt/serviced, paint wears easily but thats a minor niggle. wellgo copy dmr and are cheaper

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

The Superstar pedals are about as thin as flat pedals get, and they are pretty cheap. Nice big supportive platform that grip my Duffs a treat.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

DMR V12 last me about 3 months before a service is required…go for Easton Flatboys these are bullet-proof, give great grip and I’m still running the same set 11 months (with new pins) in with daily use.

miketually
    Free Member

I was looking at the Wellgo copies of the DMRs. Is it worth getting the V12s, or are the V8s fine?

tails
    Free Member

v8′ are fine and easily serviceable, but as you can imagine v12 are better. I ran v8s for along time before changing brand to a bigger platform.

AndyA
    Free Member
    Hairychested
    Free Member

I have Shimano dx flats – £30 off the ebay brand new. Better than Kona, let alone DMR whose pins afe fat and disagree with my shoes (skate jobbies from Santa Cruz).

zaskar
    Free Member

Straitline for quality and no bearings to service!

They look great and grippy.

Shimano DX were ok-used for years but the pins bend and are hell to replace!

Straitline customer service in Canada-well the bloke who machines them was excellent. Sent me free pedal when I smashed one on a rock.

Mine are black and 2nd pair are Xray. Wish I waited for red!

jwr

If you really do want the best pedals and aren’t worried about price, have a look at the Burgtec Penthouse flats. In my opinion the best out there – completely solid, very grippy and a great design.

-j

Hairychested
    Free Member

jwr – spot on, but the price is awful I reckon.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Flat Pedals’ is closed to new replies.