Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Flat pedal shoes for girls
  • el_bandido
    Free Member

My GF rides flat pedals, and is looking for a new pair of shoes. She's used Merrel cross trainer type things up until now, but she's more serious about the sport these days so she's wondering if there's anything more specific that might be worth a look.

Her Merrel's have collapsed after repeated exposure to harsh weather conditions so anything in the skate shoe style is probably not going to be sturdy enough.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

thebunk

My bike mad SO has the womens fiveten impact karvers which have survived snow and mud well. Expensive though.

ART

5ten do a girly version now, but they are a bit garish IMHO, and expensive – what size is she? I'm anything from 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 depending on manufacturer and have just got the shimano AM40s which come up tiny – a EU size 40 fits me perfect. I also have the earlier version of those which are good too if you can still get them. Other friends have 661s, vans etc – the small sizes often end up in the sales have a look on CRC.

westkipper
    Free Member

Forgive me, but I thought flat pedals were ONLY used by girls?
    ( lights fuse, runs away!) 😀

juan
    Free Member

5/10 are apparently the stickiest ones.
    But any skate/flat shoes will to the trick.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

5:10 Freeriders – look like a skate shoe but have all the grip of 5-10's. I've seen them in lady's size but I think UK stock of the OK colours is pretty sketchy

jackthedog
    Free Member

ATTENTION CYCLING SHOE MANUFACTURERS:

FLAT PEDAL SPECIFIC RIDING SHOES SUITABLE FOR WINTER XC = GAP IN MARKET. PLEASE FILL.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

All the women in the Dirty Girls club that use flats wear the girly 5 10s … and wouldn't go back to owt else now.

Yes, they're not cheap but they are worth the money 😉

Stuart (Dirty Girl by default)

akira

Wife uses Vans or Nike 6.0s, Nikes are pretty good and come in a variety of colours.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

My good lady uses 5:10's.

She has a pair of the normal ones, and now a pair of the Freerider ones, which she prefer's because they don't have the silly wraparound tongue.

She wants a pair of the old style Sam Hill ones though, as they are similar to the all black model, but with a normal tongue. They are a bit more study for DH racing.

They arn't cheap, but they do last. People say they look a bit special, which they do when clean & shiny. However they spend most of their life caked in mud 🙂

Tracey

Ive got the old style Sam Hills, bought in 2007 and still going strong, had Vans before them but the 5 10s are alot more grippy. The girls have Vans, DCs and Duffs bough cheap from E Bay stores or TK Max but once their feet stop growing they will be having 5 10s

Tracey

Tracey

CRC are showing a size 6 in stock at £63 with a further 10% [£56.70] off till midnight tonight which is a good deal

jedi

my daughter has white and pink etnies 🙂

el_bandido
    Free Member

Good stuff, thanks for all the replies. I'll pass them on.

jackthedog seems to have a good point. I ride SPDs but you simply don't seem to have the same options for cross country shoes when it comes to flat pedals, which is odd as you see more and more people riding them these days. It's obviously no longer the case that people just upgrade to clipless pedals once they get a bit more experienced.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I've got two pairs of shoes resoled with 5:10 rubber by feet first – outstanding job they have done too. My veggie skate shoes are still going strong after being put through all sorts of cycling hell (and weather!) and there is no sign of the soles coming detached as of yet 🙂

Reluctant
    Free Member

Shimano DX shoes in size 40, vgc for £25 posted, anyone? 😀

juan
    Free Member

My veggie skate shoes

WTF… Do you eat your shoes?

cinnamon_girl

5 10s for me too, blokes ones. Don't care if it looks as though I could cross the Clyde in them 😉

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

My girlfriend uses 5.10's
    these ones:

juiced
    Free Member

If size 36 have a look at these under mtb shoes 661 ones. Git a pair and have had them ages. Brilliant.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=57&CurrentPageIndex=1

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedal shoes for girls’ is closed to new replies.