Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fix my dishwasher please
  • wolly
    Free Member

It keeps tripping the power anything to try/look at first? I’ve pulled it out and can’t see any exposed wires or anything obvious

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Try pulling the dishwasher out. Put some towels under the front and tip it right over towards you. Obviously make sure its empty first. Some dishwashers have a tray underneath that collect leaks but also have a float switch that cuts the power when full to save electric and water mixing. If that works I’d check all the door seals and try it again. If it trips again you may have another leak or possibly a faultly heating element you can check these with a multimeter.

lasty
    Free Member

I`d go for the heater – check for continuity with a suitable multimeter after unplugging of course.
    Should be 25-30 ohms if I remember …
    Could have a heat exchange with gets expensive, depends on the make/model..

wolly
    Free Member

I’ve had a look underneath looks dry, It doesn’t trip with the door open but as soon as the doors shut it does even when no programs selected,

lasty
    Free Member

So what machine is it ??

Any fault code shown ??
    Any internal leak will be held in an internal drip tray where the trip switch is IF it has an aqua-stop system ….

SOOO … What machine is it ??

wolly
    Free Member

It is a Fagor VFU65IT no fault codes shown

lasty
    Free Member

Deffo meter the heater – access from underneath, lay machine on its left side as youre looking at it.
    Doesn’t have be removed, just whip off the 2 connected wires and meter it insitu..
    Easier than it sounds 😆

jeff

Have had 2 things go wrong with ours. Heater as above. Simple enough diy fix. Parts about 40 quid. And also had the wires going up to the control unit in the door wear through their insulation against the razor sharp edges of the pressed steel door inner. The wires should have been safe inside a thick plastic outer but they had either not been assembled correctly or the tape had split due to wear.

Edit – could be same issue if you’re getting a short with door shut. Be careful of course. Mains voltage in some of those wires 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fix my dishwasher please’ is closed to new replies.