Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fith metatarsal stress fracture
  • dan74
    Free Member

Hi Guys
    Went over on my ankle a few week ago and have had an agonising pain down the side of my foot for weeks making it difficult to walk/hobble first thing in the morning but it will ease off
    Not sure of what it was i looked up the symptoms of a stress fracture and they seem about right
    Anyone on here suffered a similar injury and how long did it take to heal?
    Cheers
    Dan

IanMunro
    Free Member

Sorry no, but I do remember from my extensive googling of metatarsal stress fractures earlier in the year (did my 2nd), that 5th ones sometimes can have problems healing properly, so it might be worth getting checked out.

broadbean
    Free Member

fractured my 5th metatarsal about 2 years ago – couldn’t walk on it at all. have you been to A & E for an x-ray? took ages for it to heal fully. couldn’t run or play football for a few months. i’d get it checked out if i were you, to be sure its a fracture and not some kind of ligament damage.

dan74
    Free Member

Cheers guys think i will have to get it xrayed
    Was hoping to avoid a trip to a&e as it seems trivial but it’s not going away 😥

soobalias
    Free Member

did my 3rd in April, struggled along for about 6 weeks, then climbing the stairs i proper broke my big toe

took about 6 weeks for that to heal and a few months of physio after that till it was back to full use early september.

get it x rayed
    rest it properly
    physio it back to full use

Duffman
    Free Member

Currently recovering from a similar injury, 3rd and 4th Metatarsal plus the usual soft tissue damage.

5 weeks on can manage a gentle ride and a limpy 2 mile walk, my physio told me 6 weeks to get back to something like normal and gently increase from there.

Good luck

Fozlett

Broke my fifth metatarsal about this time last year – was in plaster for a few weeks – as IanMunro says above, although they heal fairly quickly they can cause problems due to the blood supply down there.

Luckily mine healed ok – bit of physio and some fairly light rides for a while and all is now good.

I’d definitely go an get it x-rayed just to be sure.

carlphillips
    Free Member

you may want to look at avulsion fractures of the 5th met, too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fith metatarsal stress fracture’ is closed to new replies.