Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • fit but….
  • Klunk
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

Finally. Validation.

Klunk
    Free Member

yeah 10.30 coffee and cake here I come 🙂

andrewrchambers
    Free Member

I’ve known this for years… Plenty of big chaps overtake me going up the hills.

DezB
    Free Member

Well! I’ll be! What an amazing revelation!

maccruiskeen

Looking at data from over 43,000 US people they found that being overweight per se did not pose a big health risk.

Theres a huge political lobby around fat because theres such a huge market for selling food, selling diet food, selling fruitless exercise. Making being healthy appear to be such hard work that people fail repeatedly is a big money spinner.

Overweight is often stated as a cause or risk factor for lots of conditions but its rarely evidentially the case that it really is. It more commonly co-incides with other health factors rather than causes them.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have just finished reading The Health Delusion, which I strongly recommend – most of the conclusions in there are based on decent trails data.

In the book they reckon that it is exercise that is the key, not size.

An overweight person that exercises and is somewhat fit is much healthier than a normal sized person that does nothing, in terms of risk of illness, cancer, etc.

On that people that made us fat program the presenter actually had a lot of fat, but it was internal. The writers of the Health Delusion show how this form of fat is far worse for us than external fat, so just having external fat is not necessarily hugely bad.

However I find it easier to remain fit if I am not overweight…

molgrips
    Free Member

most of the conclusions in there are based on decent trails data.

They’ve tested MTBers specifically? That’s cool.

BoardinBob

Roy “Big Country” Nelson has great cardio, despite being a fat mess

Jamie
    Free Member

Roy “Big Country” Nelson has great cardio, despite being a fat mess

He is an anomaly tho. Although, even he has lost some weight as he realised it would give him an advantage.

…he’s still a friggin’ beast. Like a more technical Tank Abbot.

GrahamS

Roy “Big Country” Nelson has great cardio

Roy: “I have great cardio, don’t I doc?”

Doc: “Well…”

Roy: “DON’T. I. DOC. ?”

Doc: “Yes Mr Nelson sir.”… ..”Please put me down”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘fit but….’ is closed to new replies.