Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • First utility energy co
  • MartynS

anyone any experience?

I really need to change suppliers (British Gas at the mo) First utility seem to be very competitive via uswitch but don’t seem to have the best reviews for customer service.

anywhere else i should look? Is there actually a decent energy company to deal with? I won’t be going near npower!

Ta all

ossify

F:U can be cheap but woe betide you if you ever have any problems and need to speak to customer service.
    Nightmare experience from beginning to end, never again!

I am currently with Extra Energy (elec) and Daligas (gas, surprise) who are the cheapest for my situation, however I don’t have much experience with their customer service. No problems so far (now into my 2nd year with both companies).

momo

Have been with them for a little over a year now, coming to the end of our current deal and will probably just switch to their latest offer. Should caveat that I haven’t had any problems in that time, input my meter reads via the app on my phone. They always seem to over estimate if I miss a reading but it corrects the next month, have had our DD dropped at a mid year review and currently running with quite a lot of credit on our account so will be reviewing this before i renew with them.

pictonroad

Never again.

Never ever ever again.

Standard story, they were cheap and good, got big fast, installed new billing software and I’m sure you can guess the rest.

With OVO now and (fingers crossed etc) they’ve not let me down yet.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have been with F:U for a couple of years now and haven’t had any issues – as above I just give them meter readings via an App on my phone each month.

However the one time I tried to contact them via their support I got no reply, but it wasn’t anything urgent so I just left it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Make sure you go via a cash back site or find some way of getting some of the referral fee back.

I’d trust the which surveys etc over one off comments.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I was with them (had no issues) but changed to GB Energy as they were cheaper.

Both brilliant for me. Submit monthly readings via online app/website and get your bill.

Sidney
    Free Member

Been with them over a year. Not had any issues I’ve needed sorting but when I have spoken to customer services about changing my tariff (I was alerted to a lower priced one they had on offer) they were fine. Input meter reading on my smartphone rather hassle free.

IHN

We’re with them, and there’s leccy in the cables, gas in the pipes and they take the money each month. Not a lot else to say really.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Been with them 2 years, ultimately they don’t control the actual Gas or Elec so you’re never going to go cold because of them, but we’ve had some issues.

Firstly, they cancelled my DD, they say I did, I say they did – my bank says they did, but they won’t admit they did, anyway, no biggie I thought, I’ll just pay them by card every month when I log my meter readings (they don’t seem to use agents to take them) – which I did, but the bills were growing quicker than my payments, it seems after the DD fiasco they changed my tariff because DD was a requirement of my original one so I dropped from the cheapest possible to a less-good one.

It was all sorted in the end, but it was a faf, still with them and just renewed for another 12 months.

Customer Service is best by e-mail, 4-24 hours to respond usually.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘First utility energy co’ is closed to new replies.