Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • first time on an electric bike !
  • iainc

Was at LBS this morning and they were playing with an electric Cube HT outside. Had a wee shot on it up and down the road – wow, bizarre feeling 🙂

I can actually see how they are going to be beneficial to folks who perhaps have lost fitness through age/illness etc so great from that point of view.

Also great for wheelies 🙂

was this one

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I got a cheap crap one for a while when I first did my ankle. The freedom of being able to ride again after 6 months in bed was amazing. The pedal assist meant I could pedal even though my leg had about 10% of the normal power.

Great for cripples like I was or non-cyclists

v666ern
    Free Member

no dropper – im out

😉

iainc

yes, I an less of a sceptic than I was yesterday. The one I tried is basically a Deore level bike at £1800, so probably double the price of equivalent non assisted one. Pretty weighty, but not noticeably so on road and pavement. I guess it would maybe feel like ‘cheating’ but not if I wasnt able to ride normally through health of age etc

Sandwich

Given that the battery on that cube is £400 retail for a spare £1800 isn’t a bad price for it. Has it got the optional detaching chain stays? 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘first time on an electric bike !’ is closed to new replies.