Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • First Time at Afan this weekend
  • makkag
    Free Member

And loved it great spot and had great weather. Many thanks must go out to the owners of Bryn Teg cottages .. great spot for four lads and their bikes , Clean well equiped and highly recomended.
    Also mad welsh barstewards in the refreshment rooms cymer who gave us a lock in and had out drinking black sambuca till 2 am. a very very bad idea when i started the bitch of a climb up to whites.. Yes that was me with cramp and wretching the whole way up ..
    Whites is relentless but i wish i could session Windy point and Energy time after time .. grinning like a cheshire cat all the way until the second run at energy getting a bit cockey and careless me and a tabletop had a dissagrement about a landing and the tabletop won.

Wall was a blast as well (other than the diverts and fireroad climb) Really quick point and go fun and frollocks .. Oh and thanks to the lad that gave me some spare batterys for the go pro at AFan Cafe .. Top Man !!!

Anyway no news but just thought id post on how much i enjoyed it .. if you have not been Go bloody fantastic !I will be back

One question though .. Why no uplift to the top of windy point ? would have loved to do Whites again without the climb or is there one i dont know about ?

allthepies
    Free Member

Nice!

And +1 to the local loons at the Refreshment Rooms 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Aww I love that climb.

scaredypants

did you not get to experience the “pub” in Glyncorrwg ??
    🙁

another fan of the Whites climb here. About as pleasant as a climb could get I think.

makkag
    Free Member

seemed like a lovely climb , just not when sweating sambuca and suffering from cramp – My own fault i know ,NOT fun in that state.

Err pub dont think so had a beer in the bike center but thats about it .. as interesting as the refreshment rooms? will check it out next time

Carpediem
    Free Member

Makkag: There was an uplift a few years back, but if kinda fizzled out.

As climbs go, after the 1st few hundred meters its a pleasant jolly.Although,saying that, i’ve never done it after a gut full of Sambuca ….

timnwild

Love Afan – up and down both.

retro83
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

did you not get to experience the “pub” in Glyncorrwg ??

‘The Hall’ ?

Amazing place 😀

lowey

I had probably the most surreal evening of my life one saturday night in the club at Glyncorwyg.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘First Time at Afan this weekend’ is closed to new replies.