Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • First pleasant ride of the year.
  • tomd
    Free Member

Sun was out this morning and it was touching 10degC.
    Local woods have dried out and were riding fast.
    Snow drops well and truly out and some crocuses.
    Bike doesn’t need cleaned.

I’m calling winter over.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m calling winter over.

The next month is all your fault

Except for me, it’s been nice and sunny for ages here

mindmap3
    Free Member

Bit soon yet!

I was supposed to ride today but it wanged it down here on Friday and nothing has really tried out and in sick of the cleaning required after a ride. I’ve opted for a lazy day with the little dude today and a turbo session later on.

Can’t wait for it to warm up and dry out a bit. I’m bored of winter now.

Bregante

It was rather lovely on my road ride this morning. A definite spring like feel in the air. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eye, top down in the car and evryfink 8)

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I’m definitely bored of winter now didn’t enjoy the slushy snow in the peaks yesterday.

JAG

I did a very pleasant road ride yesterday and a single speed “pop-to-the-shops” ride today.

While I was out yesterday I rode past my local off-road route and it’s all pretty wet and deep mud still. I’m in Warwickshire.

Winter still has time to deliver a sting in the tale but at the moment I’m feeling optimistic

tomd
    Free Member

Spring has definitely sprung in the Scottish Riviera (East Lothian). The neighbours dog has taken to sunbathing on the wall again.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m calling winter over.

The OP in a former life:

JAG

The neighbours dog has taken to sunbathing on the wall again.

Please post a picture – that’s gotta be the coolest dog 🙂

tomd
    Free Member

He’s got up now. The dog is actually Greek, so misses the sun.

mdavids
    Free Member

Mtb-ing in hamsterley yesterday and just had no enthusiasm, up to the eye-balls in clarts within the first mile or 2, called it a day after 11 miles and came home early.

50 miler on the road bike this morning with a distinct lack of the bitter westerley that’s been a feature of nearly every ride over the last few months and didn’t get cold, wet or muddy. Fantastic!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Laps of arthurs seat in shorts and short sleeves.

Minor altercation with a driver who couldn’t wait ten seconds to get passed so i dropped all thd gears and gave it my best out of the saddle mashing impression for 5 minutes.

ahsat

19 mile xc drag round the Durham Dales today couldn’t be described as pleasant! Felt like 30 miles! Snow melt over the week had just turned everything to a bog.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Wish I’d ridden today!
    Miserable road ride yesterday, 61 cold and foggy miles with a near constant headwind with 5400ft of climbing. Bonked & broken with 25 hilly miles left to go, only 2nd ride of the yr due to illness & it showed!
    Seriously reconsidering my plan to ride a 200km audax next Saturday now.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Yup, spring has arrived in North Wales with many happy lickle lambs awaiting a sprinkling of mint sauce…. 😆

roverpig

Had to push lots of uphill bits as it was too icy to get any traction, pushed all the way over the top as the paths were all full of snow, then carried it down lots of icy descents. Not so much a bike ride as taking my bike for a walk. Not sure winter has quite finished with us yet.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Launched into a stagnant bog today. Soft but rather unpleasant smelling landing. Cant say winter has left here either yet……

creamegg
    Free Member

Trails have been awesome round here for weeks (south wales). Doesn’t feel like winters started yet really

brooess
    Free Member

First road ride of the year in 3/4s and windproof instead of winter top. I’m calling Spring here in London Village.
    Although the forecast for next weekend is rain and 20mph winds 🙂

martinhutch

Over at Grizedale again today, last weekend there was sheet ice everywhere, now this up at Parkamoor.

Lovely and warm in the hazy sun. Shame my legs weren’t working properly.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

There is 6″ of snow forecast for Glencoe tonight.

matt_outandabout

We spent a couple of days hacking back trees and clearing up the garden. Dig down more than a couple of inches and the earth is well frozen still. Expecting rain and possibly snow showers over next day or so, so spring is NOT here yet.

Mind, it was near 10* and sunny, just lovely to be out with bonfire, old pallets to build canoe rack and big saw to chop down trees…

njee20
    Free Member

Surrey Hills were a shitty mess yesterday. Fun, but a shitty mess nonetheless. Spring seems a long way off!

tomd
    Free Member

Ok fair enough, it sounds like apart from London, South Wales and East Lothian it’s still grim.

cakefacesmallblock

Reckon so. Approaching the Welsh Marches it’s still a mudfest. Got plastered in mud today, despite staying off a great deal of our really wet local stuff.

bentudder

Quick pootle with the other dads on Leith Hill from 8am this morning. Still manky, but drier than I expected. Also riding nice and quick.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘First pleasant ride of the year.’ is closed to new replies.