Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • First marathon event at Grassington
  • northernatheart
    Free Member

Morning,
    I am now signed up for the CRC Grassington leg of their marathon tour. As this is my first event, any advice or tips to surviving the weekend?
    Thanks

StuE
    Free Member

Drink lots,take it steady and most importantly enjoy the ride, it is in God's own county after all.

allthegear
    Free Member

There's a vague description of the route on the website – I've ridden most of it before and it should be really good fun. Some bits will be interesting if it is really busy!

@StuE – by "drink lots" I assume you mean during the event, not the night before??? 🙂

vdubber67
    Free Member

Just stick by Nick Craig and you'll be fine 😉

StuE
    Free Member

Will be having a few the night before, will be camping so can anyone recommend a good pub near the campsite.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

The site venue has been changed – it was at the rugby club – now seems to be about 4 miles from Grassington which is a pity, some nice pubs there.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Ride at your own pace,
    Drink and eat lots, (there are feed stations to top you up)
    Don't worry about the "racers" that chrge their way round,
    Ride within your limits.

Enjoy it. I've done a fair few and they are great fun.

Also As Allthegear said there will be some bottlenecks that will take some time to get through.

uplink
    Free Member

If this is the 'bugger of a climb' they mention in the description – most people will be in for a 45 minute push

http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=391925&y=474250&z=120&sv=391925,474250&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=674&ax=391925&ay=474250&lm=0

I'm not looking forward to that

jonb
    Free Member

was there anything sent out about the change of venue? If it hadn't been for this site I wouldn't know anything about it.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I may have a place going if anyone is interested. Will know more early next week.

Stumpy_Bob
    Free Member

I got an e-mail from CRC yesterday advising of the change of venue. Also says there will be no showers or bike wash due to the lack of rain since Easter.

uplink
    Free Member

was there anything sent out about the change of venue? If it hadn't been for this site I wouldn't know anything about it.

I certainly didn't get an email – the first I knew was this thread

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘First marathon event at Grassington’ is closed to new replies.