Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • First DH race today
  • Tracey

We entered the Chicksands mini DH race today

Abigale raced in the Rippers

Katie in the Juveniles

Me in the Ladies

Had a great time and we could be tempted to race again, nice to see so many people enjoying them selves

Out of the three Abigale had the best time, thought I was going to beat her but washed out on the second run

Thats kids for you

http://kevinlawton6103.fotopic.net/c1674033.html

Tracey

steveh

It was a good day and the course was great considering the available hill. Organisation was slick with no real hold ups which was a nice change.

A bit gutted with finishing 4th in masters while so close to the top. next time it will be mine…

millsonwheels
    Free Member

Well done all three of you, that’s fantastic! Great photos too.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Here come the girls… 8) 8) 8)

Tracey

Didnt feel like here comes the girls, felt like oh s**t when I was sliding side ways just before the doubles

Tracey

carlphillips
    Free Member

never been to chicksands..it looks very smooth for a dh course..is it fun there?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Who cares??? 8)

You have the piccies and they look fab!! 😀

steveh

Yeah it’s a lot of fun. Some of the fastest guys today were on hardtails. A few roots etc on the dh course but very smooth as dh courses go.

There’s a really fun 4x and a dual track too, again pretty smooth and good for learning on.

watly_biker
    Free Member

Well done – I’ve been to scared to try downhill so far, I found doing a Gorrick hard enough.
    I would have to invest in a decent helmet and padding first I think…hmm
    I’m sure it won’t be long before my kids are faster than me…my 3 year old was going over tabletops on his balance bike last weekend..ended in a cloud of dust,big scrape on the nose and a week of explaining tabletops to other Mums at school!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Looks great. Waay to go girls!! 8)

Ed-O
    Free Member

Good work. It’s all about progression 🙂

Tracey

Very smoth course, no rocks, the only hard bit was the doubles which we didnt do. Im sure with a bit of practice and more nerve that I would have had a go at them. Maybe next time

Tracey

xherbivorex
    Free Member

as long as you had fun doing it, then really that’s all that matters isn’t it… i mean, if this wasn’t fun for us, then what would be the point. so what if it looks “tame” for a DH course. i think it’d have been fun riding it.
    good work tracey.

Tracey

By the look on everyones faces at the end of the day I would say that everyone had fun and that the event was a success

Tracey

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘First DH race today’ is closed to new replies.