Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • First commute on bike2work purchase. Singular content…
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Lovely.
    Noticeably heavier than my old fixie, but loads more comfortable and stable on the downhills. Got a bit of a snag list to work through to get it totally sorted, but I'm happy with my new toy. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nice. bikes like that inspire me and are too rare.

singlespeedstu

Looks classy and modern at the same time.

sc-xc

bikes like that inspire me and are too rare.

As are bikes bought on the ctw scheme that look like they will actually get ridden to work.

That looks beautiful. Very cool.

warpcow
    Free Member

Very nice. I've kinda drooled over those on the Singular website but I already have two commuter/hack bikes and all the money goes in the mtb. Like stu said: classic but with all the modern comforts.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

thanks 🙂
    Its been a bit of a challenge to get it together, I had to downgrade some stuff to get it affordable, but the bits I really wanted are all there.

Unless it was titanium, with a Rohloff, and a belt-drive. Still, we all need dreams eh?

Warpcow – all my "ready-cash" goes on the mtb, this is just a regular pay-cut for the next 18 months. Shouldn't need to spend anything else on it. Although it could do with an inline seatpost. And I'll be wanting some winter tyres. and…

theflatboy
    Free Member

very very nice. surprised you went for the black rims with everything else being silver, but it is a beaut.

STATO
    Free Member

What was the overall cost for that then? i assume you didnt get all the bits of that did you get on C2W?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

flatboy – didn't have a lot of choice on the rims, but I quite like them black, they make the tyres look bigger. Might de-sticker them though.

Stato – total build was about £1600. My employers have a £1500 limit on the scheme, so I paid £100 cash, and am paying back £70/month gross (£50 net) for 18 months.

Spec:
    Singular Peregrine frame.
    Alfine rear hub, LX dynamo front.
    Mavic 719 rims
    Versa STi shifters.
    De-anodized and polished Midge bars.
    Push bog-standard seatpost
    Velo Orange stem, headset and rack
    Gilles Berthoud 50mm mudguards
    Busch & Muller lights
    Deore cranks
    Raceface 44T ring (about to be replaced with a 42)
    Shimano R505 brakes
    Charge Spoon saddle
    Fizic bar tape

Bought from Head for the Hills in Dorking. They sourced most of the bits, the saddle and bars were mine already. They give 10% discount on all parts (except frame) for a custom build, so total retail value is actually about £1950

thekingofsweden

Very nice i always use a singular for work too

pedalhead
    Free Member

Beautiful, loving the vintage look, right down to the front light. Really deserves a nice Brooks though 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Dyno hub! Excellent work that man, looks very classy, I feel the need to go and wash the mud and dust of my singular now (secretly it loves being dirty and used tho)

Sam

Really looking very nice – glad you are pleased with it. How are you finding the B+M lights?

Agree on the Brooks comment 😉

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Stunning. Can you point me to a link for the spec of the B+M's. Have something similar planned when Alfine-11 lands.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I know a Brooks would suit it, but that was another cost-cutting excercise. One day…
    Lights seem pretty good. Only ridden under streetlights, but the front is certainly ample and the rear is amazing.

B&M: http://www.bumm.de/index-e.html
    Front is a Lumoteq IQ Cyo and rear is a Seculite Plus.

zaskar
    Free Member

Nice!

rootes1

i looked at a peregrine, as i already have a swift, but in the end when for a Pearson Touche, nice single speed bike but with room for mudguards and rack etc plus more relaxed geo than most SS + quite a bit cheaper that builing up a peregrine..

having said all that you bike looks v nice

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘First commute on bike2work purchase. Singular content…’ is closed to new replies.