Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Finished Battlestar Gallactica last night and I feel kind of empty…(Spoilers)
  • organic355
    Free Member

So what am I going to watch now after finishing this epic series?

I was a little disappointed in the end though to be honest, and felt it kind of tailed off after they found the “1st Earth”.

Also there wasnt enough explanation of who Starbuck actually was, I am guessing it was inferred that she was some kind of Angel, or even a messiah raised from the dead and resurrected to lead them to paradise?

And surely letting the centurions go with the base-ship is asking for trouble?

Still got “the plan” to watch but think I will avoid Caprica as don’t want to spoil it!

z1ppy

Who has ever actually produced a show/film that didn’t have some anti-clamitic feel to it, especially when a series is so good/involving as new BSG (you didn’t see it coming either?).

Wiki’s a good place to read through all the stuff you’ve forgotten – so much goes on I was surprised by waht came up on Wiki (not missed just not “taken in” ([absorbed] due to the info overload). Even the Wiki guide can be intimidating, and a little vague (the whole angel thing for a start…).

I really didn’t ‘get’/enjoy Caprica though, and gave up after a couple of episodes.

Another big BSG thread here

grum
    Free Member

Yup the ending was a bit rubbish to say the least – great series over all though. Though the ‘detective’ episode was epically rubbish.

Wish there was more quality dark, intelligent sci-fi out there.

brassneck

Seen The Wire yet?

I avoided it as I’d no desire to watch a gritty detective serial .. but it’s far more than that, in the same way BSG is far more than just a sci fi series.

footflaps

Same here with Caprica – watched about 6 episodes and lost the will to live…

Kit
    Free Member

Beware: The Plan has nudity and therefore kinda spoils the vibe of the series. Oh wait, what am I saying, boobs are great!

z1ppy

Opps yeah, the plan is pants… don’t go out of your way to watch it,

speaker2animals

I hear The Plan is just a lot of cashing in. Scenes from the series spliced in with some new/editting room floor stuff.

I’ve just watched the first disk of the last (5th?) season and am looking forward to getting to the end. I’ve REALLY enjoyed it. Been out of work for 18months so couldn’t afford to buy season 5 so now on my Lovefilm list.

Just a thought on the Starbuck/Angel thing. I seem to remember something from the original series where I think Starbuck, Apollo and possibly Boomer all got turned into some sort of spirits all in white/white Vipers. So maybe that is the creators “tribute” to that episode, plus it sort of fits in to the whole cyclic/rebirth/predestiny trip of the series.

Caprica I too though very poor. Managed about 3 or possibly 4 episodes. I know we suspend our disbelief to watch programmes like this BUT I like there to be internal consistency. There just doesn’t seem to be enough time between the creation of the technological Cyclons, the first war and the 40 years gap leading up to the genocide attack on the colonies. It spoiled it for me. I also think it was a mistake to try to work the Adama’s in to it. I know that sort of harks back to the predestiny thing again, but seemed really forced. Surprisingly poor after the quality of BSG, or is it knowing generally how poor thigs get when they try to spin off/cash in on successes.

z1ppy

organic355 – Member
    So what am I going to watch now after finishing this epic series?

Not convinced my g/f would sit through the swearing in the “wire” but I think “house” is fricken ace. Completely non-confirming to standard “series” events and twists so far from the norm every series you’ve got to keep watching it.
    That my recommendation, not sci-fi though, as there bugger all out there (except for Firefly which is old now, quaint but amusing).

organic355
    Free Member

I tried the wire, didn’t rate it at all. Dullsville!

Got through the 1st series and gave up on the second.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

True Blood?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

+1 True Blood

The Shield?

Breaking Bad is fantastic too

footflaps

The Walking Dead?
    Sleeper Cell?

organic355
    Free Member

When does the Walking dead start up again?, loved the 1st series.

Also liked breaking Bad, but my Sky+ screwed up and i have no idea what series or episode I am on now.

ac282

Dexter

DickBarton

NCIS and NCIS la

vinnyeh

Call me shallow, but I really enjoyed Entourage.

Cougar

A sci-fi shaped hole in your life?

Farscape.

Close the thread.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Finished Battlestar Gallactica last night and I feel kind of empty…(Spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.