Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Finding out landlord details
  • t-obias
    Free Member

Hi all. Looking for a bit of help if anyone can.

I’m currently renting a flat and planning on giving my notice this week. There are several extreme factors for me moving, all of which the estate agent we rent from know about. My worry is that the lady who actually owns the flat hasn’t been informed of the factors as the estate agents themselves couldn’t give a damn despite asking for help from them on several occasions in the past. I’d like to make sure she is aware of what’s been going on around her property but the estate agents won’t hand over any of her details (which I understand).

Is there any way I can found out how to contact her? Thanks for any advice.

wwaswas

the estate agents won’t hand over any of her details

I believe they have to, by law.

just found this via Google;

if you are interested in finding out who your landlord is, you can write to the person who last collected your rent i.e. your letting agent, asking for your landlord’s full name and address.

Should the person you have written to (your letting agent in this case) not reply within 21 days, then this is a criminal offense and you can inform your local tenancy relations office who can then prosecute them for failing to provide you with this information.

t-obias
    Free Member

Thank you wwaswas. Not had much luck with google on my phone this morning.

Will go back to the estate agents today.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I thought your contract had to have their name & address? Mine does anyway.
    Then it’s just a case of checking phone directories, 192.com, etc. til you find something.
    [stalker]Sometimes it’s a case of linking a couple of bits of information from different sources to make sure you’ve got the right person [/stalker]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Finding out landlord details’ is closed to new replies.