Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Finally, that bike in the window is mine! (EBC sale content)
  • 13thfloormonk

£400 in the sale, worth the 8:30 queue!

Probably not the best bike for recuperating from an achilles injury but hey-ho

epicsteve
    Free Member

That's a nice looking bike.

I'm deliberately staying away from EBC while the sale is on as I can't be trusted.

13thfloormonk

First time i've 'done' the sale thing, consciously got straight out of the shop once i'd got the bike otherwise i'd end up with a pair of those Carnac shoes they've been trying to punt for years! 😀

timbur
    Free Member

Pretty bike and good value as well :O)

epicsteve
    Free Member

Did they actually give you the bike on the day? Last time I bought a bike from EBC I had to wait about two weeks until they PDI'd it. Pain in the backside consider I still had to set it up properly anyway.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

They are lovely bikes and surprisingly capable. Which reminds me I must go down to the shop and pick up a fixie cog and lockring. And mudguards and pannier rack and lights and lock and…

Matbike
    Free Member

very nice. congratulations

13thfloormonk

Couldn't pick up on the day, considering the volume of bikes they shift I'm not surprised!

I've test ridden it already and am looking forward to ragging about on the cobbles that were previously loosening my teeth, as well as some off road short cuts on the way home.

Not going anywhere near the fixie angle, but was wondering about some 'light' touring on it, hmm..

richardgiant
    Free Member

very nice Bike!!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Light touring would be good on it with a slightly lower gear. One thing I would say about them though is that the supplied freewheel is utter garbage and you should probably budget to replace it next week.

This gives rise to the what bombproof freewheel question.

13thfloormonk

Haha, yes, good point. Given my track record with shimano freehubs I wouldn't be surprised if the freewheel packed it in straight away.

Fancy trying some cross racing on it so might need a second freewheel anyway.

allthepies
    Free Member

White Industries is the way to go IMO

13thfloormonk

yeah, i'd got that impression, but are they not almost quarter of the price I paid for the bike?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

They are around £70

Militant_biker

Ian – get a White Industries – they are so worth it.

I popped one on the commuter years back cos I was sick of breaking everything else on the way home from Dalmeny. It's been flawless.

Think of it as an investment – or, just think how much you saved on the bike and re-invest that cash 😉

Rick

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What width did you get?

Militant_biker

That aimed at me SBZ?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Yes Sorry.

singlespeedstu

400 squids? looks like a right good buy to me.

Militant_biker

I got a 16T 3/32" ENO freewheel (I think anyway, I run a 1/8" chain on it now)

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Have a look at tarty bikes( or any other trials bike place) for more freewheel options.

13thfloormonk

Rick, I've already re-invested in the cash in some new CDs and shoes 🙄

Will take the advice about freewheels though, being the most complicated thing on the bike its probably worth having a good one!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Finally, that bike in the window is mine! (EBC sale content)’ is closed to new replies.