Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • film endings you never understood?
  • RustySpanner

Kill List is a horrible film.
    The violence is totally gratuitous, shocking lack of imagination.
    Nowt wrong if justified.

The end of The Wicker Man is so much more shocking.

sausagefingers
    Free Member

Debbie does Dallas , never did make it to the end

camo16
    Free Member

Neverending Story. It ended. 🙁

speshspenner
    Free Member

Fight club…..epic film, but it took a Wikipedia search to fully get it!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

inception, did he get stuck in his head or was he back in reality?

(or was the meaning of the film that we should question the nature of reality and our perception of it)

avdave2

I’ve never understood why The Usual Suspects doesn’t end as Spacey’s foot finally straightens and he begins to walk normally. I cannot figure for the life of me why you’d throw away one of the best film endings ever for the sake of those not quite bright enough to catch on.

warton
    Free Member

Dead Mans Shoes – How does he know (Richard) that the last guy is not lying about what he did to his brother and then decide to let him go?

He never intended to kill the last guy, he was always going to get the last guy to kill him. that’s a worse punishment than killing him, blood on his hands, something he’ll never forget or forgive himself for, whereas the guys he killed couldn’t care less.

ourmaninthenorth

You can tell STW is mainly made of up male, IT/engineering types. 🙂

maxtorque

The Shawshank Redemption, with the tacked on stupid “feel good” ending no doubt for the US audience. The film clearly should end as Red is carried away on the Greyhound bus, doing the voiceover, saying “I hope i meet my friend again” etc etc. The WHOLE film is about hope, that’s the point. Hence, we totally don’t need the soppy & naff “friends meeting on the beach” scene that is added on afterwards. Next time you watch it, turn off after the bus scene and see how much better the film is!!!

yoshimi

Mulholland Drive – it starts off with her falling asleep (although this isn’t made that clear), the rest of the film bar the very end is all a dream, hence the randomness of order etc

FuzzyWuzzy

I couldn’t follow “A Serious Man” when I tried to watch it, gave up in the end although reading some of the background it makes a bit more sense, still think it’s garbage though.

Edit: Oh and Prometheus – what was all the running about in a comedy style avoiding the crashing spaceship all about, was it meant to be comedic? If it was meant to be dramatic then I’m confused.

stewartc
    Free Member

Warton – Thanks, that does make sense.

breadcrumb

The last Matrix film. Especially when everyone interprets it a different way, leaving me more baffled.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Fantasia, great theme music but the dialogue was completely lost on me

igrf
    Free Member

Dude Where’s My Car.

Where did all the hot chicks go after the big chick exploded?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Going off on a tangent, I don’t get the comments about Kill List being OTT. I thought it was a bit dull with an off ending.

I never quite got the end of the Usual Suspects either.

The end of the Cabin in the Woods was odd (thought the whole film was utter sh*te though).

pinhead
    Free Member

mulloholland drive great film but as it was all a dream i thought was bit poor plot.

the fountain great film,confusing as but only sort of understood it by reading on the web haha

jamj1974

Star Wars – A New Hope

colournoise

Slight tangent, but Se7en. Film is totally ruined for me by the fact we get to know what is in the box. Would have been so much stronger if we never really find out definitive reason for Brad’s rage.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Clerks 2

No-way that ugly knob Dante ends up with Rosario Dawson.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

+1 Donnie Darko. Also Memento took me a while and I’m still not sure I have it right.

With Memento there is an option on the DVD to watch it in sequence. Makes everything much clearer, but also spoils the film.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

As far as I know a awful lot of people have tried to dissect and find fault with Memento (in terms of trying to find an error with its narrative) but it’s yet to have been done. Nolan, in an interview, was quite proud of that fact.

I never found it particularly confusing to be honest but it is a film that only comes together at the end but its a great revelatory moment. I don’t know how some have come to the conclusion it doesn’t make sense?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

vanilla sky ????

garage-dweller

Donnie Darko really needs a couple of careful watches but it can be followed. Directors cut was easier to make sense of.

I like the star child idea on 2001, I had always thought the wtf ending was supposed to be something to do with time, life, death and immortality. I’m probably wrong but I liked it. It got 10.1 on my weirdometer.

Solaris. Now that was chuffing odd and Event Horizon too.

stavromuller
    Free Member

The Book of Eli, was Denzel Washington meant to be blind from the start? I mean, where was his stick?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I hate the ending of the Italian Job. Die or escape for gods sake please!

kimbers

In a 2003 documentary for the BBC, Michael Caine explained how the gang could have made their escape. “The next thing that happens is you turn the engine on,” he said. “You all sit exactly where you are till all the petrol has run out, which changes the equilibrium. We all jump out and the gold goes over the cliff.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/jan/23/italian-job-ending-solved

Coyote
    Free Member

Source Code. How can he send emails from an alternate timeline before the train crash that put him there happened?

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘film endings you never understood?’ is closed to new replies.