Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • FFS Stop it
  • Pigface
    Free Member

I have brought sarnies in today for lunch, why have I just scoffed half of them, only been in work for 2 hours. Why don’t I have any self control???? 🙁

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mmm clue in your name? I resisted the kit kat urge earlier and just put the sandwiches in my bag. Lot of shops round here though and I need some milk…..

Pigface
    Free Member

No that is because I am grotesquely ugly 😆

shermer75
    Free Member

1st two hours are always the hungriest

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve just scoffed:

2 x Sausages
    1 x Spinach
    1 x Beans

So I raise you your sodding cheapskate/pikey/half cobbled together with white bread/Heinz sandwich filling blooming sandwiches, with a “proper breakfast” 😆

I now have about a pint of strong coffee to get through.. I maybe sometime 😉

SaxonRider

I always struggle between 10 and 12, and if I brought my lunch, would finish it long before anyone else seemed to even think about it. Then, I would want something again by 12:30.

To combat this, I no longer bring anything at all with me, and if I treat myself to food, it is only by walking down the road and picking up an apple or something at the local Tesco Metro.

In other, words, I sympathise Pigface. I really do. 🙁

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Have locked sarnies In van to stop me grazing on them.

sandwicheater

I feel your pain, my sandwiches rarely make it past 10.

stevied
    Free Member

1 x Beans

Woah, go easy on the beans there bikebuoy 😉

footflaps

Not just me then, it’s rare my sarnies last till 12.

ahwiles
    Free Member

that’s what sandwiches are for, no?

dustytrails

I’ve just scoffed:

2 x Sausages
    1 x Spinach
    1 x Beans

Spinach for breakfast….WTF

binners

You think you’ve got problems. I have also eaten my butties

But… I know that less than 20 yards away from where I’m presently sat there is a Sayers bakery. Which sounds relatively waistband-threatening already.

But what they’ve produced is pure evil. Lovely, fatty, deliciously satisfying, tasty, saturated fat evil. They’ve taken McDonalds greatest gift to the world – the sausage and egg mcmuffin – and made a vastly superior version of it. So you can eat it without feeling dirty. Because you’re not in the golden arches, the self-loathing is massively reduced

Like I said… pure evil!

20 yards away….

ads678

How much is 1 x spinach?

binners

If anyone put spinach in front of me at breakfast, especially if it was sullying the same plate as a sausage, they’d be taking their life in their hands

Pigface
    Free Member

Binners

😆 😆

dustytrails

If anyone put spinach in front of me at breakfast, especially if it was sullying the same plate as a sausage, they’d be taking their life in their hands

+1

Stoner
    Free Member

bastards.
    now Ive opened this thread Im hungry.
    Worse still, I work from home, and the fridge is loaded.

mintimperial

I’m just about to eat a bacon and egg butty from the shop up the road because it’s Monday and the network’s playing up and I’ve answered too many stupid questions already and sod it.

2 x Sausages
    1 x Spinach
    1 x Beans

a “proper breakfast”

Good god, what?! 😯

jimdubleyou

Eggs Benedict – nom nom nom

Eggs Florentine – vom vom vom

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve just gnawed through the remains of the roast leg of lamb from yesterday, fortunately I’m WFH today…

SaxonRider

Stoner – Member
    bastards.
    now Ive opened this thread Im hungry.
    Worse still, I work from home, and the fridge is loaded.

If I was in your situation, Stoner, I would be the size of a house. Honestly.

First, all the meat products would be gone. Then the bread and butter (yum!). Then the yoghurt. It’s not like I think about this, mind.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Some of you obviously don’t have enough work to do. Your bosses should be informed and given bigger whips.

P-Jay
    Free Member

You need to look at your diet.

Because I’m a reformed bloater my GP sent me to a dietician. She made me swap 2 rounds of toast for Muesli and wham bam thankyoumam – 10am hunger became 12pm hunger – it’s got something to do with nuts or perhaps oats, GI and protein or something, I don’t pretend to know or care what.

But it worked.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Whereas muesli does heehaw to kill my appetite.

12 noon and I was straight into the microwave with leftover shepherds pie.

Solo
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

I have brought sarnies in today for lunch, why have I just scoffed half of them, only been in work for 2 hours.

Because breakfast was insufficient?
    😉

SaxonRider

Because breakfast was insufficient?

If breakfast was sufficient, they wouldn’t have invented elevensies.

Solo
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member

If breakfast was sufficient, they wouldn’t have invented elevensies.

Ah, my badness. Didn’t know OP was a Hobbit.

bikebouy
    Free Member

ads678 – Member
    How much is 1 x spinach?

To all your ‘like way superior’ comments about my Spinach fascination/fixation/fornication, I’ll have you know Popeye ate tins of the stuff and he got to sniff Olive Oils arm pits.. so theres something in that right? 😆

As is, that little lot cost me £2.15 add my pint of coffee in and thats £3.25.

£3.25 a day, everyday, everyday of the working week except Fridays when I work from home and then I’m in rehab until Monday morning comes around again.

Spinach is one of the first things that sells out, that and Eggs.

It’s windy in the Office most days 😀

paulwf

I used to do this, but then read an article about an early breakfast making you hungrier sooner.

So now I have black coffee before work, and then eat breakfast between 10 and 11. Lunch at 12.30 and then an evening meal at 6. Lost quite a lot of weight doing it as well

molgrips
    Free Member

Behind me, about 5 feet away are four pots of those mini bites from M&S, for public consumption.

Pigface
    Free Member

Moly you are screwed 😆

maccruiskeen

I used to do this, but then read an article about an early breakfast making you hungrier sooner.

Pretty much how I’ve always done things – breakfast just makes me hungry for the rest of the morning so i just don’t bother with it (other than a cup of nice coffee) usually and quite am quite happy not eating til lunchtime as a result. (in fact if I’m not paying attention I sometimes don’t think to eat til 3-ish)

Solo
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Behind me, about 5 feet away are four pots of those mini bites from MnS, for public consumption.

These things?

If so, about 18 months ago I worked in a place where someone use to bring these into the office. I’ve never enjoyed any of the contents. I’m fairly sure I’m not missing anything important.

At my current office, there’s usually cakes, biscuits, etc, laid out in the kitchen. However, I’m never tempted and can quite easily look on, uninterested in any of it.

footflaps

I made a concious effort today and sarnies lasted until 1pm!

binners

This never used to be a problem when I smoked. Caffeine and nicotine used to complete my dietary needs until lunchtime.

Now I’m compelled to eat my own bodyweight each day, before 12

Life is just like SOOOOOOOOOO not fair! 🙁

Solo
    Free Member

binners – Member

This never used to be a problem when I smoked. Caffeine and nicotine used to complete my dietary needs until lunchtime.

Apparently Nicotine promotes the release of fat from fat cells. Probably why those who partake experience suppressed appetite.

No pictures of Greggs fine breakfast fare?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Have you tried…

binners

This is where its at Solo…

Solo
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

Have you tried…

Spinach in the morning, imo, is a good move away from more popular choices.

But garlic, in the morning? Too French for me!
    😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘FFS Stop it’ is closed to new replies.