Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FFS. ispec II, B, 10 speed…
  • nedrapier

Probably bin dun, but some googling didn’t get me where I wanted.

Got 10 speed on the wife’s bike, cx bike, hardtail and the fattie. I want to stay 10 speed, it does what I want and I can have one lot of spares to cover everything.

I just got myself some new SLX brakes, didn’t I? Didn’t think to check the i-spec stuff, because shimano aren’t a bunch of dicks like that are they? Their ispec stuff is backwards compatible, isn’t it?

No. 👿

Are there any “II” brakes to “B” shifter converters? You’d hope that you can just get a different plate to screw onto the shifter, wouldn’t you?

happybiker
    Free Member

Tried Problem Solvers or Trickstuff?

P-Jay
    Free Member

There are adapters, can’t remeber who does them.

In defence of the Shimano the I-Spec versions aren’t at all similar and they sell normal bar clamp versions.

nedrapier

cheers pjay. I’ll be emailing trickstuff in a mo. If you remember, could you post back, please?

Yeah, I made an assumption. I should have checked whether they’d changed the way they match shifters to brakes again. Annoyed that it was necessary. Don’t know what 2 offers over B or A, or whether it was done to annoy me personally.

And I like the ispec idea because I go SS every now and then, and it’s nice to be able to lift everything off without stripping the bars. Most of the bar mount shifters are band clamps rather than hinged.

nedrapier

Just realised I’ve got I spec b levers on the SS. Swopsies ahoy.

vincienup
    Free Member

Hijack, but as people are talking ispec… I finally ispecc’d a brake and shifter a few weeks ago and I’m a bit meh about the results… I more usually run SRAM and there’s a lot more adjustment on MMX. For me, with the Shimano the thumb position you end up with isn’t insane the way I like my brake levers, but I don’t see how you would make it work if you wanted to trigger pull the upshift without some serious contortion?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FFS. ispec II, B, 10 speed…’ is closed to new replies.