• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by GW.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • faulty pushed float shock
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I just got a pushed float from eBay. At the end of every compression stroke (ie when the shock is “returning”) you can feel a little play as if the piston is lose. When sat on the bike it’s easily noticeable and around 1mm.

Shock was apparently pushed recently, not ridden much etc, but there’s no way it should be like this, is there?

Buyer not interested in helping me out so I may just have to complain via paypal…oh well I guess all those fees Are worth something after all…

Brown
    Free Member

I just got an rp2 pushed. It literally came back yesterday so I’ve not ridden it yet, but TF mention in the comments sheet that goes with it that you can feel a slight knock between compression and rebound for some reason or other (sorry, it’s late, I’m in bed, the bit of paper it’s downstairs… hold on, that’s not the attitude!)

Right. I quote:

“As we have fitted a firmer platform, you may also feel a slight knock between the compression and rebound strokes as there’s more resistance from the shims”

So I guess it’s normal! (Give TF a call if you’re worried?)

retro83
    Free Member

sure it’s not play in the bushings?

cynic-al
    Free Member

cheers Brown, I may do that.

Retro-yes.

z1ppy

I’m always left wondering why ppl advertise the shock as being “pushed”, surely the point of a shock being ‘pushed’ is to set it to the individuals weight and preferences… unless the ‘buyer’ is exactly the same weight and has the same preferences, the shock will need to be re-pushed to suit them???

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hi Al..

*Waves*

Having fun in T’Alps???

GW
    Free Member

well, yeah but not if both riders are around the same weight and ride in a similar style, which may actually be quite likely seeing as most shock lengths are quite specific to the application. ie. 2.75″ – 3.5″ stroke shocks will predominantly be used for DH, 2″ coil = Allmountain mincing, 1.5″ air = traditional XC

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

… and need to riding the same bike or with the same suspension design.

GW
    Free Member

no, not at all.

what do you think goes on inside a pushed shock other than oil flowing through a bunch of shims?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘faulty pushed float shock’ is closed to new replies.