Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • fatbike advise
  • fattyrider
    Free Member

hi guys sorry if this has been talked about before but after this weekends ride i am getting a pain / tingling in the hands while riding my on one fatty trail . i am using ogi yeti grips which i have used on all my bikes ( although none have been fattys ) could the vibration from the oversize tyres be a part of it and what type of grips would you recommend if we think it may be grips .
    everything else is rally comfy its just the hands . it feels like i have been holding something for a long time and hands are getting really tired

oink1
    Free Member

front suss or rigid?

dovebiker

What tyre pressure you running?

tomhoward

What oink said. If rigid, I bet the undamped ‘suspension’ from the tyre plays a big part.

40mpg

I bet the undamped ‘suspension’ from the tyre plays a big part.

Surely any suspension would lessen vibration?

Try dropping your tyre pressures a bit. 9-10 psi should be plenty for general trail use. Also try moving your saddle forward a touch so you have less weight resting through your wrists to the bars – you’ll be sitting a bit more upright (assuming you’ve already got a fairly short stem). And finally, relax your grip a bit! Hope that helps

fattyrider
    Free Member

Blutos up front running 9psi guys

roverpig

Maybe the front end is just too low, putting too much weight on your hands?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

As above, but try moving the bars back towards you a few degrees, your hands should fall onto the grips without undue pressure between the thumb and forefinger,also move the brake levers into the grip a little can help too. hth

ndthornton
    Free Member

I have foam grips on mine….lovely

tomhoward

Surely any suspension would lessen vibration

Not if it springs back at the same speed, or faster, as it was compressed, due to a lack of rebound damping

oink1
    Free Member

Try rotating bars/shifter/brake positions for a start 🙂

takisawa2

Higher rise stem for me, 70mm x 25deg. Gets some weight off the hands.

6079smithw
    Free Member

tilting the nose of your saddle up a little might help too

CheesybeanZ

I’ve got the same bike ,running 8/9 psi in the front with carbon bars and esi extra chunky grips . Bars and saddle are level .

monkeyboyjc

May not be a component issue….. More likely to be positioning or you could try loosening your grip?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘fatbike advise’ is closed to new replies.