Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fantasy camper van questions
  • iDave
    Free Member

when i build my dream van type thing can i….

have a water tank filled by rain water and heated with a solar panel and pumped by a polar battery pump thing to wash my fantasy surf board and bikes etc?

can i have a wifi router which uses a sim card? you know, 3g type thingy

can i use led interior lights powered by batteries topped up by solar stuff?

can i use LPG for the fuel as well as heating and cooking, if it’s a diesel engine? ( i suspect this is the Q that exposes my thickness)

can i have a wood burning stove in a modern van type conversion thing?

that will be all for now, i shall get back to the Jura.

andrewh
    Free Member

Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    Yes

Can I have one with a washing machine?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

i suspect this is the Q that exposes my thickness)

That’s been exposed for ages 😛

khani
    Free Member

It’s your fantasy, you can have whatever you want! Even lightsabers or camperspaceships

iDave
    Free Member

for a washing machine, you just need a big plastic tub with water and detergent, then drive around a bit then rinse. works a treat.

I KNEW the LPG answer, just wanted to be extra extra sure before I win the lottery and buy the wrong van.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I vanlicker

iDave
    Free Member

I would worry about camperspaceships given the debris in the solar system. but good point.

andrewh
    Free Member

would worry about camperspaceships given the debris in the solar system

No worse than the potholes round here.
    Read somewhere that there are 2million in the UK. That is quite clearly absolute rubbish as there are more than that between Osbournby and Donnington on the A52 alone.

iDave
    Free Member

my fantasy campervan will hover above the A52

spooky_b329

Firstly, rain water isn’t really for drinking, and you haven’t got much of a roof to collect it. Its not practical to heat anything by battery power, not with the amount of solar panels you could fit on the roof anyway.

3g dongle, yes.

LED lights, yes. batteries can be kept topped up by panels but most of your charging is normally done with a split charge relay and the alternator.

Get a diesel. You can get a vapour take-off LPG tank for air heating, water heating and running the fridge. If you got a petrol, you would still need separate LPG tanks as one needs to be liquid take-off and one vapour. I have a tank, saves valuable space over cylinders and I can top up as necessary instead of waiting to empty a cylinder.

Wood burning stove, technically yes but insurers will run a mile, they take to loads of room, and make you look like a traveller!

Moses

Have a word with Tony at ACare in Crowcombe – he’ll sort you out.
    I was there this morning to see about replacing the heat exchanger on my water heater (I stupidly didn’t drain it before the -10c frost split it)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fantasy camper van questions’ is closed to new replies.