Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fancy getting away with family and dog over new year – where to search?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Usual suspects (hotels.com, booking.com etc.) not throwing up anything interesting. Would like to be out in the countryside in Wales…Brecons, Black Mountains, maybe even Snowdonia.

Any ideas where to search for late availability for a couple of nights?

Houns

I got a Sawdays book for Christmas listing all dog friendly places to stay. Check their website out?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As above, Sawdays is good, but also have a look at the Good Pub Guide. Hqve had some great stays in pubs from the book over the years.

spacemonkey

With dogs AND children under 5yr it can be pretty hard to find someone decent in the area you want. One place I can recommend is a self-catering farmhouse (converted) barn in the New Forest. Not exactly rural Wales, but a nice little escape none-the-less. Can post details if you’re interested as we’re now friendly with the owners because they’re awesome.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

With a bit of planning spacemonkey, self-catering might have been an option, but I’m looking for somewhere we’d be fed and watered. The whole family has been ill over Christmas, limiting our travelling plans and we just fancy getting away somewhere we can eat a nice pub meal and chill out in the bar/lounge for the evening with the baby asleep upstairs. Appreciate your suggestion though, thanks.

Jamie
    Free Member

*plumps up pillows and adds bubbles to the jacuzzi*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

adds bubbles to the jacuzzi

Pretty sure that jacuzzi pic you posted only had room for two. So, that’s you and the dog catered for. What about DD, the wife and boy? Where are they going, eh?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fancy getting away with family and dog over new year – where to search?’ is closed to new replies.