Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Family Touring in Denmark
  • mugsys_m8

Hi all,

Hapy Sunday, I’m sitting here in Ganja, Azerbaijan. Anyway..
    Following on from this thread:

Denmark touring suggestions

We (Mrs Mugsy, Etienne (4) and Pia (2) had a fantastic 3 weeks cycle touring and camping in Denmark back in August. Photos are here:

Pootling in Denmark

Two days of driving from home in Grenoble saw us at the German/ Danish border (Krusa) where we sat off eastwards on an island hopping trip (Aero, Lolland, Falster, Zeeland etc), sometimes staying in the primitive campsites, sometimes staying in the ‘posh’ campsites. We got to Copenhagen with the final 1 1/2 hours spent on a train to ensure we toured what we thought would be the best bits, and then headed back to the car via the island of Fyn.

A great time was had and can thoroughly reccomend it. Béné was on her Roadrat with front and rear panniers towing Etienne on his Cnoc 16 via the follow-me (it was a bit err bendy and as for rear wheel punctures errr let’s not go there…). I was on my trusty inbred with 1.5″ tyres and a ratio of 32:18 with rear panniers and towing Pia in her chariot with a 35l dry bag on top.

Lots of lessons learnt, and ideas to improve our touring set up ready for next year’s return to Denmark to go up the west coast. We’ll probably go by train from home as well. The car was a bit of an insurance against emergencies as we had a few epic’s in Croatia on our 1st tour with Etienne a few years ago….The main disaster now referred to as ‘The Motovun Day’.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the photo’s. I’ve been meaning to write this for some time, and now I’m missing the family whilst working away form home so taken the time this morning to spend ages looking at the album.

Touring with kids is great. We both wish, however, we discovered touring before the children! and sometimes envy those touring and sitting in café’s, dining out, travelling light etc. Oh well it’s all good.

Bregante

Looks great. We visit Skane in southern Sweden quite regularly and have always fancied doing something like that over there, the scenery and architecture are very reminiscent of Sweden (naturally I suppose) Im going to show these to Mrs B later to see if I can persuade her. Cheers for posting.

Pigface
    Free Member

Did Fredrickhavn up to Skagen then down the west coast before returning to Gothenburg. Just a four day trip this summer and it was great.

mugsys_m8

What are the cyclepaths like in Sweeden?
    That was the attraction of Denmark for us.

GEDA
    Free Member

Cycle tracks in Skåne are great. You can bike from malmo right to the other side österlen on small roads and Cycletracks. Loads of free places to camp and nice lakes to swim in.

mugsys_m8

Hmmmmm… might have to look into this..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Family Touring in Denmark’ is closed to new replies.