Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Family holiday with some riding and sailing in late October
  • sambob
    Free Member

Anyone got anywhere to recommend? Looking for somewhere dry and warm, warm sea would be good too but not necessary. Any bike holiday companies do half day riding holidays? Like the look of Sardinia, Corsica, Spain and the Canaries, but very open to suggestions.

rkk01
    Free Member

Gr€€ce ?

sambob
    Free Member

Maybe, where abouts?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Wind is pretty dire for sailing in Greece that late in the season (we did a Sunsail holiday at half term and the resort was kept open for that week before closing, cold with either little wind or too much for family sailing, it was a waste of time and money)

Garda would be great for that combination earlier in the year.

sambob
    Free Member

Looking at the week before October half term, Garda looks nice but will it be cold by then?
    EDIT: Riding more important than sailing I think.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d be off to Spain. Somewhere in Andalusia. Excellent riding once you head inland a bit and perfectly good for sailing. There’s a few companies that do day guiding, I’m sure they’ll do half day, too. Should still be sunny then, certainly nicer than here 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think Garda will be too cold for a family holiday by late Oct, they hold sailing events and people train into November but it would be risky choice.

gusamc
    Free Member

try Neilson and Sunsail holidays – used both, they do sailing + MTB, but it sounds abit out of season so I’d do a temp and wind check

there’s always Loch Ken in Dumfries and Galloway, given March you just might get a heatave……………………..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Neilson FTW!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Family holiday with some riding and sailing in late October’ is closed to new replies.