Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Family friendly peaks route? Suggestions
  • orangefatlad
    Free Member

Taking the family to the peaks (hope/edale/Eyam) tomorrow and wanted a good route for them. Kids are 8 & 10, but it’s the wife that needs a bit of a confidence builder after I took her to chicksands last weekend! Good views will also go down well.
    Suggestions please!

nickswolves
    Free Member

Ride around Ladybower reservoir? How technical do you want it?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

WHS^^^
    Or if you want really gentle there’s the Monsal Trail – old railway line between Bakewell and Buxton (doesn’t quiter each Buxton yet).

garage-dweller

What they said. I took someone who had not ridden a bike more than 20times in their life on that ladybower loop and they coped (the whinging was not about the route difficulty anyhow)

antigee

never quite remember what its called
    park at recreation ground in Bamford (good playground for kids)
    follow road (only goes to Quaker meeting house and farm) and pick up Touchstone Trail north towards Yorkshire Bridge crossing road at Thornhill continue up lefthand side of Ladybower – stop for a picnic and ride back – at end if you ride across the playing field and go under the railway line there is a cafe at the garden centre
    http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2707332

Edit called the Thornhill Trail i think

orangefatlad
    Free Member

They’ve all ridden the red route at sherwood, and my lad regularly rides with me. Don’t mind a few hills but nothing too rocky (ie Jacobs, cave dale etc). Was going to ride out of Eyam, stoney middleton, Coombes dale, black Harry to eyam. But it’s not the most scenic of routes! This sort of thing….

antigee

cross my suggestion off then would be a tad dull

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Family friendly peaks route? Suggestions’ is closed to new replies.