Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Falling out of love with X-Fusion
  • You may remember my Vengeance forks lost 15mm of travel a few weeks ago. This was sorted without much hassle by Freeborn – took a week longer than they said but sorted nonetheless. I wasn’t actually told what the problem was though.

Well a couple of small local rides and a trip to BPW and here we are again.

Waiting to hear from Freeborn about returning them again.

Great forks when working but not happy with the reliability. We shall see what happens this time.

Which reminds me – I’m still out of pocket for the last return!

wiggles
    Free Member

Don’t say that I just cut the steerer on mine (slants) and fitted them…

Don’t be too disheartened wiggles – it seems most manufacturers have problems these days. Hopefully will get sorted for good this time.

As I said – great when working

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just sent my ‘zocchi’s to windwave (buggered out of the box, so QC rather than reliability).

So it’s not just x-fusion.

Wierd how they’ve come from almost nowhere to potentially being a major brand. You’d imagine Suntour would have made the leap quicker as they’re fitted to loads of lower-range bikes, and had all marzocchi’s stuff in their factories for a while, so they can obviously do all the casting, machining, assembly etc, so why havent they designed something good?

wiggles
    Free Member

I was a bit stupid and bought mine last year and haven’t even ridden them yet using up the warranty. Hopefully I got a good pair.

batfink
    Free Member

It’s interesting to look at the contrasting approaches of X fusion and DVO, to breaking into the suspension market.

I can’t help thinking that X Fusion have got it right, and if they continue the way they are going they will take a major market share of one of the big boys. DVO, not so much.

Waiting for somebody to partner with ohlins for a fork

JoeG
    Free Member

batfink – I don’t think that DVO wants to be a mainstream brand at all. They want to target the high end only. Like the top 1% of the market where people are willing to pay big for something distinctive.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with either approach; they’re targeting different customers.

batfink
    Free Member

yeah… I get that, and I get that some people will buy it just because it’s niche/expensive.
    The question is whether that is going to generate enough revenue to sustain an R&D program that churns out products that are “better” than Fox, RS, MZ and Bos?

Going in at the top end sets expectations for performance pretty high. but who knows – maybe they have got some sort of revolutionary new doo-dad in the works that really going to set them apart?

mattbee

They have a nice big anodizing tank, that’s a massive point of difference at the bleeding edge of bike component manufacture.

As for X Fusion, I have Velvet on my ss and Slant on my Bandit and they are both great forks, as good as, if not better than the Fox and Rock Shox they replaced.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looking at something like avalanche it seems possible to be at the high end on a small scale, if they are putting top quality damping into products people will pay.

Euro
    Free Member

Just sent my ‘zocchi’s to windwave (buggered out of the box, so QC rather than reliability).

So it’s not just x-fusion.

My Pikes were also buggered out of the box, so it’s not just ‘zocchi and x-fusion.

mindmap3
    Free Member

DVO had a QC issue on the Pink Bike test…one of the seals was weeping. I’d not be a happy bunny if I’d paid that sort of money for a pair of forks only to be supplied with dud seals.

It’s a shame to hear about your issues with your X Fusions because they seemed to be gaining a good reputation.

honourablegeorge

batfink – Member

Waiting for somebody to partner with ohlins for a fork

There’s pictures up t’internet of a proto Ohlins-branded inverted fork.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Falling out of love with X-Fusion’ is closed to new replies.