Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Failing memory – does anyone remember…
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

…a bike made in the late 80s / early 90s which did not have a conventional seat post/tube but had a cantilevered beam from just behind the head tube, mounted on the top tube and held up by an elastomer…there was one wasn’t there, please tell me I am not going mad?

Anyone got a name and / or a pic please.

Ta, Paul.

coatesy
    Free Member

Alsopp soft-ride if I remember correctly, also did the beam as a bolt on option.

Baznav
    Free Member

Allsop softride.
    To late as usuall

timbur
    Free Member

I know of a tandem in East Sussex that has one of those for the stoker. It’s getting rebuilt hopefully.

What could possibly go wrong :O)

tomhoward

Didn’t joe breeze make a similar style one?

theflatboy
    Free Member

pimp

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How about a Beamer?

Remove the beam for a retro-trials-vagen

rogerthecat
    Free Member

That’s the kiddie.
    Mucho ta. 😀

brakes
    Free Member

there were a few of them I think, but the one I remember was one hung up on the wall in Hardisty Cycles in Stockton – I’m sure it was a couple of grand.

chestrockwell

Think Fat Chance did one as well. All of them were based on the Allsop design though.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

timbur – Member

I know of a tandem in East Sussex that has one of those for the stoker. It’s getting rebuilt hopefully.

What could possibly go wrong :O)

Something like this?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All of them were based on the Allsop design though.

Yep. Much like the AMP back end, where any number of builders would simply bolt one on to their frames.

Such as;

timbur
    Free Member

Similar but a bit more old school. Just back from having disc mounts added or so I’m told :O)
    Can’t remember the name of the frame builder but it’ll come back to me after another dram or two.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Failing memory – does anyone remember…’ is closed to new replies.