Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fading Bell Super 2 R – red/orange
  • larkim
    Free Member

Anyone else got the orangey red Super 2 R and noticed a signficant fading of the colour? Not stored in direct sunlight or anything like that, its just faded (chinguard seems to be same consistent colour).

leonthepro
    Free Member

I have red/grey one bought in Feb 15, worn weekly since and the colours on that one have been fine.

larkim
    Free Member

Hmm, only had this one since Christmas, its the “infrared” colour scheme.

Perhaps worth thinking about contacting the retailers…

dlangers
    Free Member

i have an orange Smith Forefront and it has gone the same as yours different shades of orange must be something to do with the matte type finish on them

steel4real
    Free Member

Yeah – I’ve had the ‘infrared’ one a year and half and it’s faded (can compare with colour that was under the ICEdot sticker and peak)

But so what?

jam-bo

fading is the visible evidence of UV damage to the shell?

orangespyderman

fading is the visible evidence of UV damage to the shell pigments

FTFY

steel4real
    Free Member

🙂

onehundredthidiot

Mate has the orange giro Montaro. It has significant fade.

franksinatra

IS it not a fact that the colour red fades more than any other colour? Just look at post office vans. Not saying this is acceptable on a newish helmet but sure red pigments in paint are shiterer* than others

*not an actual scientific term

larkim
    Free Member

I suppose its more that the chinguard and the helmet top now look out of sync – whilst it doesn’t “matter”, there’s an argument that it shouldn’t lose colour like that as dramatically or quickly as it has.

If the retailer / manufacturer said “get stuffed” to a replacement, I wouldn’t complain.

I was asking more in case others had had the same experience and perhaps now “knew” that there was some sort of manufacturing issue that Bell were aware of.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

My POC Trabec has significant fading, it’s not red but black though. Originally I wondered if it was because I used a little washing up liquid on it to clean it? Wonder if it is just a trait of some matte finishes..?

blakec
    Free Member

Happened to my sons after two months of ownership and that’s with it mostly spent its life in a cupboard. Sent it back as a warrenty claim. Which was accepted new helmet on its way

dlangers
    Free Member

i contacted Smith and they told me to take it up with my supplier Amazon.

fat chance of getting anywhere with them

steel4real
    Free Member

After market chin bar is all black – solves the concern of colour matching ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fading Bell Super 2 R – red/orange’ is closed to new replies.