Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Factory Media are to stop publishing ALL of their magazines
  • timidwheeler

I subscribed to Dirt just over a month ago using Tesco clubcard vouchers. I suspect I’m going to get squat. I have had no communication at all.

jim25

Subscriber here for 5 years plus, not heard anything other than what I’ve read here.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Anyone heard any more?

I’ve heard nothing yet on subscription rebate yet.

They did say that issue 159 (due 23rd April) would be the last on their website – but I’m sure the last issue I got is 158 – anyone else got a final issue through yet??

jakebeach

Their Twitter is saying that they are working on the last issue at the minute and then they will just be a website, not a digital mag like I thought there was going to be.

jwt
    Free Member

Have any current subscribers had #159 delivered yet, or are they cancelling subs and you have to go and find it in the shops?

stevede
    Free Member

I haven’t had my subs copy today, it’s normally in the shops before my subs copy arrives. Sad to see the demise of the mag, they’ll have to seriously up their game on the website to make it work as its currently pretty poor IMO.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

No subs copy arrived here yet……..

deviant
    Free Member

Bought mine yesterday from WHSmith, it’s essentially a tribute issue with snippets from contributors over the years.

stevede
    Free Member

In true Dirt style I still haven’t got my subs copy and its been in the shops for a couple of days. I won’t hold my breath waiting for the refund on the remainder of my subscription…..

Dark-Side

beer247 – Member
    Ive been considering trying to start up a magazine in a similar vein to Dirt for a while. Maybe now would be the best time to do it.

I remember picking up issue 5 or 6 (can’t remember which exactly) at the age of 15 – it had a review of the original Spooky Metalhead and an interview with Paul Roberts (AKA Grotbags). It was amazing and focused on all the things i loved about MTB at the time.

Back then the two month wait between issues was excruciating!

Ive got some ideas on content but any suggestions would be greatfully recieved!

POSTED 1 MONTH AGO # REPORT-POST

Emailed you Beer247

stevede
    Free Member

Has anyone had their subs copy through yet? I haven’t 🙁 think it’s a pretty shitty way to treat their loyal subscribers, the mag has been in the shops since at least Thursday. Poor show.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Not yet!! (At least not when I left for work earlier….)

Getting pretty fed up TBH – and no communication yet on refund of remainder of subscription (renewed at Xmas)

Unless they aren’t sending out subs copies???

stevede
    Free Member

I posted on their Facebook asking earlier but it seems to have been deleted.

riklegge

No sub copy here either. A few people have said the same (checking back on their FB page) but I am surprised to not have got it yet.

I would anticipate they will be sending some info through to their subscribers alongside the mag… fingers crossed.

riklegge

Well, I just called them… it sounds like there may be some communication issues there!

According to the subs team, they were only informed today that subscribers were due another issue. The person on the line did not know when this issue would be sent, only that it was due to come out.

They (apparently) had no other information on what would happen with existing subs.

I can’t say I’m hugely impressed with the way this has been handled, a shame as I always looked forward to receiving the mag.

t-p26
    Free Member

As it would happen…… I phoned Fuktory media this very morning to ask where my subs copy was having been a long time subscriber.
    “sorry we have instructions not to issue any copies without authorisation”then “we have no copies left…” said the cockney child on the other end of the phone.
    So taking a direct debit from my bank and not supplying ME with what I am entitled to isnt enough authorisation?
    Its more important to get the last issue to WH SMITH than it is to the ones who have paid up from for it?
    I left my number and await…furcall, from them. Its not Dirt, but the publishing house thats fleeced the suscribers.

spacehopper

Long time dirt subscriber and lover here too.. but didn’t renew last Xmas as I wanted to wait until the gloves offer swapped to a t-shirt..

It never happened…

Got my copy from whsmiths a couple of days ago.. Other than the.. I’ve got the last copy..

the actual content in the mag is basically a two page spread saying.. dirt was flawed but amazing and changed mountain biking.. I’m going to miss it..

Then repeated a load of times in slightly different words from various charachters from the mtb world.. more of a whimper than a bang..

The way subscribers have been treated is awful. 🙁

Stevet1
    Free Member

So seems like RIDE have gone out with a bit of a banger cover photo. Haven’t bought a mag for ages but bought this one just for the cover alone (although the rest is good too). Seb Keep jumping over the curved handrail across the 22′ gap onto a wallride and down to the ramp.

GregMay
    Free Member

Flipping heck that is some photo!

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Factory Media are to stop publishing ALL of their magazines’ is closed to new replies.