Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • F1: spoiler news
  • Pook

TheFunkyMonkey – Member

Don't you tell me what to do!

I think the more seasonal version of this is "$%£^ you I won't do what you tell me"

🙂

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Given this has been dubbed the year of the cheat how appropriate Schumacher announces his return 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Oh aye- the 'win at all costs' man returns. The Stewards of today will have a field day with him if they apply Hamo's rules to him. The return of black flags, race bans, questionable swerves into drivers, disqualification from a whole year and 'launch control' circuitry found in cars 🙄

Still think hes an absolute cheating **** robbing Hill of at LEAST one other championship.

MS
    Free Member

Can't see how people say lewis boring. When on top of his game he takes the risks into corners that the likes of button was doing this season.

F1 is a sport where the car makes a big difference. Mclaren had it crap at start of season but got their act together and lewis proved he could get back at the front. Its clearly not who has the fastest car, Fischella in the ferrari, yeah it wasn't the hottest of cars this season but to be so far down, clearly its a fine balance of good driver and good car.

Raikonen is the boring one, can't even do an interview. Least lewis tells the media whats happening.

Will be interesting this next season, button I think can match hamilton but it will take something special from either one to come out on top. I'm not sure how well the Red bulls will do after a long hard season will they have a good car…debatable from looking at Mclaren ad Ferrari this year.

Schumacher, he will still have it, but not sure if he can do it forst season back.

Sounds like a *cough* Lance Armstrong *cough* comeback to me. He will be strong but not sure if he can beat the likes of hamilton and Button. But then again Ross Brawn is a class act so you never know with him!

Will be a good season i think, hopefully it will be a battle of a few racers rather than one clear winner.

Bring back DC I say!!!

hora
    Free Member

In a nice way. Alonso was a better driver, more mature and a more proven winner than Button when he was heading to Maclaren.

Looking at this way – do you really think Button will be Hamiltons match? I get the impression that Hamilton can play the team politics very very well- all with a sugary smile.

alex222
    Free Member

I'm not trolling. Schumacher partied hard, was never hyped until he had proved himself. The reason he appears to not be full of fire is because he is german. Hamilton doesn't have that excuse he harks from afro-angle heritige he should have a massive personality. I have said there is no doubt hamilton is good; he is just way too over hyped. You also can't knock him for the clearly difficult background he has had compared to other drivers but yet again this should bolster his personality, not over emphasise the lack of it. Yes he has achieved alot so far, but no where near as much as he was reckoned to by now. Like I have said before you can only say he's the greatest ONCE he has PROVED it. Not bassed on opinion of what he could achieve. Thats my point. How long has it taken for Steve Peat to reach the goals that were apparantly laid out before him?

clubber
    Free Member

Schumacher NEVER partied hard except after winning WCs… He was an is still an eminently sensible type of person. He was also massively hyped immediately after his start at Spa and thereafter, deservedly as it turned out. It still took him a couple of years to win his first WC during which he was constantly referred to as a future World Champion.

Hamilton has grown up as part of a corporate machine. Hardling suprising that he does a good impression of an android when talking to the press. No one here has a clue what he's really like…

I don't think anyone here has said he's the greatest and very few people elsewhere (with any sense at least) have either. Many HAVE said that he may eventually prove to the greatest, just as they did with Vettel and Alonso to take a couple of recent examples, which is not an unreasonable thing to say.

uplink
    Free Member

As I see it they are all very good drivers indeed – beyond what most of us can imagine

Looking at next year's line up though there are 3 extraordinary drivers
    Hamilton
    Alonso
    Schumacher

If they all have good cars – there could be fireworks

Vettel & Rosberg are waiting in the wings though
    Button is good & if the conditions are right for him he'll be spectacular

I'd like to see Andy Soucek get a drive before too long as he looks very good indeed

oh & who the hell knows what Kobayashi will bring to the mix? – He won't be a contender but it'll be fun watching him deal with those who are & think they have a right to be allowed past

alex222
    Free Member

Lots of people on here have said he's the greatest driver. Or going to be the greatest (not may be the greatest). Which is my point you can't say something is going to be anything with any certainty.

No I don't know as much about F1 as alot of people on here but I do know what hype is and how it can totally make something seem like it will be better then it actually is. Alot of people on this forum seem to speak about something with an authority that they clearly don't have. How many people are saying with absolute certainty something that they clearly couldn't ever possibly know? Every one who's said I'm trolling for a start. There is an assumption that by watching every race for the past five years you are an expert.

There are images of Schumacher totally wasted out of his face yet there aren't any of Hamilton. Why?

brakes
    Free Member

what hasn't been mentioned is that the car has to match the driving style, Schumacher's car will be probably be built around him but it will be interesting to see how things pan out at McLaren where Button and Hamilton have very different styles and Button, on his own admission can only drive a car if it's set up perfectly for him

if nothing else, it should (should) prove to be an interesting season

the-muffin-man

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes alex? Everyone thought Tigers Woods was a saintly, wholesome boy until a few weeks ago!

For all we know Lewis might have all-night drinking and sex sessions with all of the Pussycat Dolls!!

alex222
    Free Member

+1 At last some one who knows that they don't know. Not a

Lewis is the Golden Child. FACT.

Know it all Nigel.

glenp
    Free Member

So much rubbish on this thread I can't be arsed to read it all! Here are some F1 opinions from a proper F1 nerd:

Hamilton is just about the most exciting racer of the modern era – truly outstanding. Button is a different fish altogether, but outstanding in his own way. The McLaren battle will be decided by which driver suits the new regulations and car – if Lewis can manage the tyres I'd say he'd be favourite to win that battle.

Alonso is the best driver in F1 and has been for some considerable time. Those that think he was shown up by his weird year at McLaren simply misunderstand the effect of his authority being undermined by McLaren politics. He would definitely be favourite for the WDC in 2010 in my opinion, and will beat Massa fairly easily over the course of the season.

Vettel is a champion in the waiting, but Red Bull are still stuck with Renault engines – plus Webber will be fitter than 2009 and those two will remain pretty evenly matched.

Nico is going to have to show a lot of character, to say the least. He is really good, but still has some weak areas (namely consistent race pace and race craft). Schumacher will not miss a trick and will pick up points where they didn't seem to exist. The guy has 91 race wins. Greatest of all time, no doubt in my mind.

I can't wait! What a fantastic season in prospect.

hora
    Free Member

Nico (in a way) is a great position- no one will blame him for not beating his team mate and he will learn alot if he listens. 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

he will learn alot if he listens

If he listens to what?

You don't for a minute think that Schumi will put his arm round him & say "listen Nico, this is what you need to do to beat me ……."?

Rosberg is now Schumacher's worst enemy

the-muffin-man

Schumacher helped Massa a great deal.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I think Rosberg will be under a lot of pressure actually. He's proved he can be fast, exceptionally so. But then so did Kovalinen, who at times could show Lewis a very clean pair of heals when it all came together.

But in a top car, he couldn't deliver consistently and now he's at Lotus with a lot to prove.

Rosberg will get away with being beaten by Schey but if he's not right in there behind him, he'll go the same way.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I do really rate Rosberg, I just don't think he's got an easy season by any means.

clubber
    Free Member

Schumacher did help Massa but he knew that he always had the measure of him and that Massa wouldn't be allowed to race him really…

The talk is all that Schumacher's been signed on a one year deal to cover the gap until Vettel can leave his Red Bull contract. Mercedes were understandably concerned about not having a driver that's proven himself at the top level.

clubber
    Free Member

Having just said that I've read on Autosport that they're talking about a three year deal…

Q. How long will you drive for Mercedes-Benz?

MS: We are talking about a three-year deal. It is not a one-off thing. We are obviously looking for continuation.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80656

I wonder how long Rosberg's deal is for – When he was announced as a Mercedes driver, none of the press releases seem to mention a length for the contract which they usually do. One year maybe with options beyond that if he performs?

glenp
    Free Member

To put Schumacher's achievements into context – there was a documentary on Jackie Stewart the other night – as he approached his 100th race (which he didn't actually start) he was the third most successful F1 driver of all time, with 27 race wins and three WDCs. Schumacher already has 91 wins and seven Championships, and he ain't finished yet.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

F1 will still be dull

clubber
    Free Member

glen,

In JS's day there were fewer races, much worse reliability and a lot more drivers killed. As such, you can't compare different eras without a huge amount of conjecture. MS is undoubtedly one of the greatest F1 drivers and the best of his era.

FunkyDunc – Member
    F1 will still be dull

As are people who come on a thread they have no interest in to say that something's dull 🙄

uplink
    Free Member

FunkyDunc – Member

F1 will still be dull

From a man that starts threads about MS Excel Pivot Tables 🙄

glenp
    Free Member

clubber

I know things aren't precisely comparable – for example the level of fitness and professionalism required today is way ahead of anything pre-Schumacher. Even more testament to the prowess of the man.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Michael Schumacher; a man so boring that he comes out of retirement because he can't think of anything more fun to do with all his time / money / connections.

he's let himself down, i'm dissappointed with him.

what a loser.

Pook

anything more fun

??

Than driving a car at over 200mph week in week out and getting £6.2million a year for the privilege? I don't know what you do in your spare time but if it's more fun than that*, I'd like a go.

*I think Schuey does a bit of biking too.

alex222
    Free Member

I know its only 2 races in but some people on here seem to be eating their words. 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘F1: spoiler news’ is closed to new replies.