Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • F1 Gossip – Massa out on his ear
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

It has to be said that Button is doing a sterling job at McLaren…far better and more mature than I expected.

richmtb

Hamilton has just looked like a lost child in the second half of this season, in some interviews he looks genuinely crushed and bewildered.

I’ve got nothing against him I can’t understand all the haterz, he is fast, exciting and British! I really hope he comes back strong in 2012.

But apart from an absolutely extraordinary drive in Canada from Button this season has been all about Vettel and he deserves all the plaudits he is currently receiving. I just hope the title fight is a bit closer next year.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Mercedes will do a swap for Rosberg

They would be better off taking a 20 year old E-Class. Rosberg is overrated and underperforming. He’ll never win a race in his career; I’d put money on it. He’s fading fast, especially with bonkers young clots like Kobayashi coming in.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Rosberg is a bit too much like a 2nd rate Button as well, better for something different at McLaren – Di Resta from Force India?

As for Ferrari – Webber he could see out his career there nicely

hora
    Free Member

Re Rosberg – it must be the car/chassis? As I expected at least one podium out of Schumacher and hes been middling as well.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The car isn’t great, the driver is worse.

Schumacher isn’t the force he once was; and the whole team doesn’t quite revolve around him as it did at Bennetton and Ferrari.

Interestingly, Maldonado is officially the worst driver Williams has ever had in terms of results. The car can’t help, but there needs to be talent along with the huge pots of cash these new drivers bring.

richmtb

Rosberg: most F1 points without a win of any driver

Realistically though what chance does he have in that Mercedes? There is clear blue water between the top three teams and Mercedes at the moment so they need something to happen to the six cars (okay 5 if we just assume Massa is crap!) in front to be able to win.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hamilton has just looked like a lost child in the second half of this season, in some interviews he looks genuinely crushed and bewildered.

Yeah agreed – after the Indian race he looked utterly devastated and like he could just walk away from the game altogether. Crushed was a perfect choice of words poster. I was stunned when watching the interview and even shouted my wife through to see it for herself because I couldn’t quite believe what I was watching.

Junkyard
    Free Member

she is a luck lady to have you M-F 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Rosberg – Just a good but not brilliant driver IMO – most of the really good drivers do something when they’re in a crap/starter car that makes people think ‘actually they really might be quite good’, be it going far better than they should in the wet, pulling off brilliant overtaking moves, qualifying better than they should or something. I don’t really recall Rosberg ever doing that.

Mind you that’d make him perfect as a foil for Alonso – fast but not too fast. Thing is, an credit to Rosberg for it, I don’t think he’d accept a number 2 driver position.

uplink
    Free Member

I can see Rosberg going to Ferrari, with the fallout from Force India ending up at Merc

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

she is a luck lady to have you M-F

8)

To be fair she is interested in F1 (her dad races Westfields, her brother races all sorts of daft rallies and the ‘LeMons’ series in California where he lives – and owns an Elise and some other wreck of an old Lambo I think) so comes from a car-obsessed family and although she won’t sit and watch a race, she always asks who has won and generally knows all the main teams.

And has a crush on Jenson Button.

legend
    Free Member

I’d like to see Dario Franchitti in F1 but I think its similar to Matt Mladin in AMA and not moving to MotoGP, the money and lifestyle over there is so good that he doesn’t have to race in F1.

That and the fact that he tested in F1 and was shit

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I don’t think he’d accept a number 2 driver position.

He does every time Schu gets on over on him on pitstops.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Massa’s goodwill drive is all used up, cant avoid hitting other cars and other things.

Short memories? Ferrari Junior Team (Sauber) = Perez

Ferrari and Alonso have clear hierarchy = Lead Driver + Team Mate, hence all the team order, none of this equal driver rubbish that has got Macca into a mess so often

mtbmatt
    Free Member

RedBull then? Surely the mountain biker can’t have another season there?

Webber and Vettel have already signed new contacts I believe.

bigdaddy

I think Algesuari’s had a really good season, outperforming his car and Buemi consistently. And with a Ferrari engine. But, 2 Spanish drivers at Ferrari?

uplink
    Free Member

I don’t think he’d accept a number 2 driver position.

No2 drivers get to pick up the crumbs and in the case of Ferrari, that could well be a win
    As long as he can swallow being told to “get out of the way” when nando wants to be through or be used to ‘destroy’ someone else’s race rather than try to do his best, he’ll fit in fine.
    He was all upset mind when Renualt cheated the win in Singapore for nando and [rightly] thought he should have been disqualified for it.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Rumour has it that Ferrari are about to sign with a new supplier for nappies and dummies next season. They tend to get through a lot.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

But, 2 Spanish drivers at Ferrari?

What, like ex. Williams no-hoper Marc Gene as test driver? With 2 drivers speaking Spanish Alonso could be understood easily; and wouldn’t need dubbing like that dreadful Fiat 500 Twinair advert

the-muffin-man

Heidfeld hasn’t got a drive for next year! 😉

uplink
    Free Member

Heidfeld hasn’t got a drive for next year!

it’s not all bad then

karen805
    Free Member

Massa is contracted to Ferrari for next year, so they’d have to pay him off like they did Raikkonen.

Next years teams and drivers so far: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012-f1-season/2012-f1-drivers-teams/

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Rumour has it that Ferrari Hamilton’s McLaren team are about to sign with a new supplier for nappies and dummies next season. They tend to get through a lot.

FTFY….

none of this equal driver rubbish that has got Macca into a mess so often

+1. Ferrari seem to have done pretty well by operating a ‘Number One driver and his less able team-mate’ system….

mashiehood
    Free Member

Dya know what – i dont think its buttons form thats affected Lewis, its his relationship with Nicole – he is genuinely gutted. I remember my breakup in my 20’s – i was totally devestated.

But, he will be back next year (lets hope so!)

As for Rosberg – a water carrier , just what Ferrari need to help Alonso, becuase without help, Alonso cannot win!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

becuase without help, Alonso cannot win!

What a ridiculous statement. 🙄

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Piquet Jr would beg to differ.

the-muffin-man

As for Rosberg – a water carrier , just what Ferrari need to help Alonso, becuase without help, Alonso cannot win!

As much as I dislike Alonso there’s no denying he’s a fantastic driver.

And as for Massa as a water carrier – he’s spilt most of it this year and has hardly been in any position to help Alonso!!

cullen-bay
    Free Member

although massa has been crap he is still the most likely for next year, if they pay him off they take money out of their budget in the resources restrictment agreement which would hurt alonso if they leave perez for another year at sauber he comes in with a bit more experience, they can see how he does throughout a (hopefully) uninterrupted season.

Paul di resta is a mercedes nurtured driver, and so is more likely to make a move to Macca sometime after button or hamilton leave…

alonso wouldnt want Hamilton at ferrari, seeing as hamilton beat him in his first season (albeit on race wins).

Webber has a drive in the best car, and would be mad to switch.

anther who could take the ferrari seat is sutil, out of a drive next year, takes sponsorship with him, which would help pay off massa.

hamilton is most likely to stay with Macca until they come out with a few more dogged cars.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

actually, rosberg is out of a contract at the end of 2011, he would be a fast enough no.2 driver for ferrari…

also Kovalainen, out of a contract for 2012 would a decent replacement and has show great pace this year in a rubbishy lotus.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

also Kovalainen … has show great pace this year in a rubbishy lotus.

He showed little pace in a McLaren that was the class of the field in 2008. Hard to believe the Lotus is making him look good.

uplink
    Free Member

Baby Piquet should be available for next year
    Him and nando have proven track record of working together to gift nando wins

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Nando needs no help.
    Huge talent.
    Great to watch.

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

cullen-bay
    Free Member

He showed little pace in a McLaren that was the class of the field in 2008

Fernando and hamilton were the fastest in 2007, and were beaten because the ferrari was much faster. same story in 2008, although this time hamilton had a little more support from Kovalainen and just took the championship. the ferrari was the faster car in 07 and 08. Kovalainen is not as fast as hamilton… but then again, in an equal car neither was alonso. kovalainen seems to have picked up his pace, if he is running with the williams and the saubers and a lotus….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

but then again, in an equal car neither was alonso.

Oh please, do stop this rubbish. Ron The Cheat Dennis favoured Hammo from the off, which naturally peed off Alonso (who was a double WC), yet they both finished equal on points. Hammo merely had more 2nd places, not race wins (both equal on 4 apiece). Yeah, maybe Alonso did act up a bit, but can you blame him when Ron Dennis treated him so badly? It’s credit to Alonso that he still gave it his best in spite of the obvious animosity between him and Ron The Cheat Dennis.

Oh, and Hammo only won the WC when he was no.1 driver and had Kovalaainen alongside him. 😉

Lewis Hamilton isn’t as fast as Jenson Button. 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Ferrari seem to have done pretty well by operating a ‘Number One driver and his less able team-mate’ system

if by pretty well you mean 3rd rate, then yes, pretty well indeed, even Alonso couldn’t make them consistant enough

as for Alonso v Hamilton at maclaren, points mean prizes and Alonso simply didn’t have enough

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Neither did Hammo. 😆

uplink
    Free Member

Neither did Hammo.

he had enough for the judges to take it to wins, which is where nando came up short 😉

cullen-bay
    Free Member

sorry, forgot it was number of 2nd places which Hamilton beat alonso on in 2007…

yes, hamilton has been in more collisions and picked up fewer points than Button so far this year, and generally been harder on his tyres… But “Hamilton is slower than Button” is a stupid thing to say, when Hamilton Qualifies in front of Jenson most races. Lewis was faster in qualifying and the races last year. I’m not a fan boy of any driver, nor do I dislike any, with the slight exception of Pastor Maldonado, although I tend to root for the British trio, in particular Paul Di Resta and Button.

clubber
    Free Member

Ron The Cheat
    Dennis favoured Hammo from the off,

Not really. LH wasn’t privvy to the Ferrari spy information while Alonso the Cheat (by the same logic) was. in fact FA was actively involved in the cheating, asking for quite specific information from the spy.

it was only when LH started to match FA and beat him that it started to go wrong as FA, rightly as it turned out, complained that it could lead to losing the WC to Ferrari. Up till then FA was McLaren’s golden boy and no one thought LH would match him so the issue of team orders was irrelevant.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘F1 Gossip – Massa out on his ear’ is closed to new replies.