Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • External battery for phone
  • bellerophon
    Free Member

I’m sure someone can help 😉 I’m looking to extend the runtime of my phone which is an HTC Desire HD so that I can use the GPS and music for ultra running. I’m assuming an external pack that plugs into the USB port….

I did find on ebay a ‘battery pack’ but the seller said this shouldn’t be used when using the phone, so it seemed more like a charging pack than what I’m looking for, although I’m not sure why it couldn’t be used like an external power source…

Anyway, has anyone done something similar…?

Ta

nickjb
    Free Member

I expect it is a power limit thing with the one you found. I have lIon torch that I can pop the head off to reveal a USB socket. It’ll run my phone and the torch is a handy thing to have. Came from deal extreme

http://www.binnbox.com/portable-usb-power-emergency-charger-with-li-ion-18650-battery-led-head-torch-black.html

bellerophon
    Free Member

That’s quite interesting as I had to take a torch anyway 🙂

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of these, works a treat, charges my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 while in use:

Integral micro USB cable as well as a USB out so pick up some retractable USB cables for a neat charging solution.

No mains charger supplied, use your phone one. In fact, it can charge the phone while charging the battery.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Hey GS that looks good… this is the one I was looking at ebay pack

What attracted me was the capacity… looking at the spec of GS’s one I don’t see why the ebay won’t work as well.

GS’s output: USB 5V 0.6A
    ebay output: 500mA, 2A

any thoughts…?

CountZero

There are lots of different battery packs with one or two USB ports. I’ve got a 5000mAh battery with two ports that I bought from eBay, and I’ve used the phone while is plugged into the battery, I don’t see a reason why you shouldn’t.
    This one’s identical to the one I have, and at £14.97, excellent value. I’ve used mine for charging my iPod, iPhone, my little portable speakers…

youngrob

I use this for my S3. It holds 5 full charges (and has a torch!)

bellerophon
    Free Member

Thanks for the pointers… so do I spend £15 or £24…? Hmm how difficult is my life LOL

chvck
    Free Member

I have that same thing but under a different brand name. Pretty good, fits in a pocket but you know it’s there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘External battery for phone’ is closed to new replies.