Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Exposure red eye
  • organic355
    Free Member

Any good or just a gimmick?

Will be getting the new flash and flare for the commuter when they come out, and the joystick will be going on the helmet, just wondering if the red eye rear attachment for the joystick is worth it for a tenner as a high level rear light?

The more lights the better right?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I agree, for road commuting, but not for off-road.

Houns

I use this http://www.exposurelights.com/product/000027/redeye-%28short-cable%29/

And it's great, doesn't flash but is blimmim bright

iainc

organic – I have one that I bought but never used apart from to try it on in my garage. I think the cheapest on line is £11.25 :

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Exposure_Redeye_Micro_Plug_In_LED_Rear_Light/5360039444/

£8.50 posted if you want it

snakebite
    Free Member

Got the same one as Houns, for commuting, they are superb. Cooleagues who drive past me often comment on its blinding magnetic draw…..

its very bright, ridiculously so.

scruff
    Free Member

Yes I have oneaswell on my commuter. Good as no battery issues, it very very bright behind you, no sideways projected light though but it does make the road (and trees, buildings etc)red behind you.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Can anybody who has the red eye tell me what the diameter of the optic is and the diameter of the actual light itself please?

Northwind

Really unconvinced by the Redeye, saw one in use a while back and sure it's bright but it's not all that visible, the angle visibility is awful. I'd sooner have a decent standalone light, for better allround visibility, not to mention conserving the main light's battery.

snakebite
    Free Member

its just an additional high level light to go alongside your standard rear light. its easy to fit/carry for emergency pub over runs etc, and draws very little power when you consider the front on commute flash last for about 9 days….

iainc

I think it is pretty effective- I bought it for commuting, however then decided to run the Joystick on the bars, hence no use for the wee red eye one. If anyone wants to buy it….. 😆

Goldigger
    Free Member

iainc, is it in good condition? How much do you want for it? can you post a pic as im sure there is two versions of the red eye..

Northwind

"its easy to fit/carry for emergency pub over runs etc"

Not easier than a standalone light though. And more expensive to boot. And in some ways less effective. All in all it just seems a really weird product.

snakebite
    Free Member

OK, whatever….

I have money to burn as well as retina's 😛

Sam

Very strong, but not much angle. I saw at eurobike they were showing a weird translucent condom kinda thing to go over the end and give better angular visibility as well as tone down the somewhat blinding output of the things. I believe it even says on the package it should be used in conjunction with a regular flashing light.

iainc

goldigger – see my first post on this thread – it's this one I have :

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Exposure_Redeye_Micro_Plug_In_LED_Rear_Light/5360039444/

cheers

Goldigger
    Free Member

Im bad… didnt realise that was your post as well..just skipped through the thread.

iainc

no worries – drop me a mail if you want it, cheers 😛

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Exposure red eye’ is closed to new replies.