Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • exposure lights help
  • Potter
    Free Member

went for a night ride last night and realised that using a helmet mounted light imo is much better,so im looking at an exposure joystick maxx2 or the diablo
    does anyone have any experience of both and what are the main differences both pros and cons please?
    and has anyone seen any good deals on these
    cheers

RealMan
    Free Member

The deals at wiggle aren’t too bad.

Basically the diablo can spit out 900 odd lumens for about 1hour 20mins. On medium mode it runs at a more reasonable 3 hours, but not quite sure what lumen output. Probably similar to a joystick on high.

The joystick spits out 300 lumens for 3 hours. Its cheaper and lighter.

You have to decide what you want to use it for. I’d always go for a joystick because I tend to do long night rides, and need the 3 hour burn time. Therefore if I did get a diablo, I’d barely ever turn it on high mode, and it would just be a waste.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I’ve just upgraded from a joystick to the diablo and it’s a big difference as to be expected 240 lumens versus 700 lumens.

On Med the Diablo is brighter than the j/stick on medium and therefore has the same battery life but the ability to get brighter.

If you can afford it I’d go for the Diablo.

2010 models are available at some places at good prices

I must add I’m using a MaxxD on the bars aswell

Ringo
    Free Member

ive got a joystick mate its spot on. Exposure customer service is really good too.

Potter
    Free Member

anywhere local doing the joystick ringo?

crazy-legs

Diablo for me, it’s really good. Medium power is easily enough for fireroad/towpath type stuff, you only need it on High beam in the singletrack. I’d run it in conjunction with a bar light though, it’s not quite powerful enough to be used on it’s own for serious off-road.

+1 for Exposure customer service, can’t be faulted.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

-1 for Exposure Customer Service. Have had a Diablo on order for six weeks. Was promised delivery on Thursday of this week for the fifth week on the trot. Didn’t hear anything right up until three on Thursday so set off to Winstanley’s to pick it up. Got an e-mail half way there saying it would be another three weeks before the Diablo was available. Nobody on this earth can convince me that Exposure couldn’t ring before four o’clock on the day the light is due to say they will be another three weeks. E-mailed Exposure four weeks ago, response took nearly a fortnight. E-mailed again last week, nothing as yet.

Poor doesn’t even start to describe their ‘lack of’ Customer Service.

crazy-legs

chunky – you’re dealing with a shop who are dealing with Exposure (who were all at the Cycle Show for a long weekend recently hence why your email took so long to get a reply).

Why don’t you pick up the phone and call them direct tomorrow, it’s much easier sorting these things out by phone rather than by email.

Podium
    Free Member

A Diablo is what you want sunny jim.
    It’s ace.
    Funnily enough I have one for sale.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘exposure lights help’ is closed to new replies.