Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Exposure Lights
  • FuzzyWuzzy

I use a helmet mounted Diablo off-road and Strada on the bars on-road but last time around (couple of years back) I went for a Trout light for the bars off-road (after a couple of sets of Chinese lights). I really do like the Exposure lights but the prices make me wince so I’d say they’re great lights but I’m still not totally convinced on whether they’re worth the premium.

I also agree about the rip-off cost of the mounting brackets…

trail_rat
    Free Member

” rip-off cost of the mounting brackets…”

I never said rip off – i said pricy.

there not “simple” to manufacture. they could be much easier to make but they wouldnt be half as good.

the joystick mount is a work of genius IMO for the variety of placements and fittings -the fact that some many folk buy a 50p torch and put it in the 20 quid joystick bracket speaks volumes for its ingenuity

benp1

I really like the idea of them, but don’t have any due to the cost

Some of the lights I have are easily as good at what they do and for a fraction of the price

For example the Cateye Volt 300 vs one of the self contained commuter lights (Sirius maybe?)

jimjam
    Free Member

benp1
    I really like the idea of them, but don’t have any due to the cost

Some of the lights I have are easily as good at what they do and for a fraction of the price

For example the Cateye Volt 300 vs one of the self contained commuter lights (Sirius maybe?)

They’ve been out for one year?

trail_rat
    Free Member

volt – half the price of sirius – half the lumens and zero track record.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

I’ve got a Revo. Solid piece of kit and use it every day and have done since I bought it in February last year. Really wish they’d modernise it though. It’s a three year old model and no change to the design.
    I think Exposure need to jump headlong into the dynamo market or they’ll miss out to the German companies who bring out newer models with more frequency. The public love innovation and although incredibly reliable I think the company needs to spread it’s wings a little bit.
    Integrating recitifying/regulating circuitry into the Revo, similar circuitry that is found in the Sinewave models, in order to charge a GPS would be a big seller. Doesn’t need to require a USB type cable as people can solder their own custom cables. Before anyone says it the output from the Revo is only good for powering a rear light, not charging a GPS device.
    Anyway if they release both a road specific model alongside on off road model then it would show they mean business I reckon.

benp1

@trail_rat

300 lumens vs 500 lumens
    £35 vs £90 (from a quick google)

Both have pulse, good brackets, all in one, battery indicator etc

I’d say the volt was well proven

Actually the new volt it 400 lumens at £54. The new Volt 800 is brand new and at £90 – much closer to Exposure territory. The older 700 is a fair chunk cheaper

I’m sure I’d be happy with Exposure if I had one, they’re well designed and good quality, but I haven’t missed out to date. Good customer service is helpful, I’ll absolutely agree

[I’m sure I’ll get an exposure light at some point

TiRed

zero track record.

Bit harsh – Cateye have a very long track record of front lights. Excellent mounting system that takes all their lights and value for money. Their bracket will fit my aero bars tightly, whereas my exposure mounts won’t (except the wibbly wobbly red banded one that points my joystick down at every bump and can’t handle my Strada).

I have both Exposure and Cateye – the Volt 300 is the follow on from the excellent nanoshot and nanoshot plus. It is very good value. my nanoshot is little different to my joystick in practical performance. The Volt 300 will make a good helmet light too.

MSP

I’ve got a Revo. Solid piece of kit and use it every day and have done since I bought it in February last year. Really wish they’d modernise it though

I was really disappointed that they didn’t update the revo this year, IMO it is close but doesn’t quite deliver, I sold mine and was hoping for an updated version this year, but have bought the toro instead.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Ordered the new Strada 8)

trail_rat
    Free Member

our experiance of nanoshots varies greatly – and i used to sell them.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Lights’ is closed to new replies.