Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Exmoor: bike friendly digs wanted…
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Me and Rich are wanting to do a two day loop round Exmoor, starting and finishing in Minehead. Day 1 could finish near Lynmouth, although we are really flexible and will consider alternative stops.

Needs to be bike friendly, with lockups, showers, and access to a nice pub for feeding in the evening.

Ideas?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I was going to to something similar, but do the old 'pub-meal then bivvy on the hill' thing.

I've been thinking about it for a couple of years TBH! 😐

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Na I fancy a shower and comfy bed.

Rich really wanted to attempt trans Wales but I put him off – limited numbers, and it's really quite hard for leisure cyclists like us.

So I suggested this as a far easier 2 day ride. Planning to manage about 50-60km on each day with some big hills so second day will still be a bit of a challenging for us.

One problem is that it's on the bank holiday weekend and could be quite booked up. Might end up in a bivvy bag after all!

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Try Cloud Farm near Malmsmead

40mpg

Dunster youth hostel

Comfy beds, showers, cooked breakfast and dinner if you want, walking distance to pub, trails out of the back garden (but dont ride on the grass!) and cheap.

Had a couple of great weekends riding out of here.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I've stayed at Base Lodge which is in Minehead, close to pubs/food & is fantastic value for money.

The owners are MTB'ers too & the place is biker friendly. Graham has ridden all over Exmoor & can provide route advice if necessary. As it's a hostel you will need to make your own breakfast or trot down to the cake shop.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor: bike friendly digs wanted…’ is closed to new replies.