Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Exercise bike
  • thejesmonddingo

I'm seriously unfit,and want to get one of these to add to my mtb rides.What recommendations?
    Ian

epicsteve
    Free Member

Might be best to look for one 2nd hand because lots of people, including me, will have bought one and rarely use it.

I replaced mine with a treadmill and that gets a lot more use (by all the family) than the bike did.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

They're really, really boring. Go out running instead.

scraprider
    Free Member

i got one from argos , £79.99 goodenuff , does the job. makes ya sweat . jobs a googun, to cold to go running , and its boring.

uplink
    Free Member

Get a proper Spinning bike

bananaworld
    Free Member

want to get one of these to add to my mtb rides.What recommendations?

Wait until summer. They're notoriously bad at handling mud.

stumpyjon

They are boring but can be useful for maintaining fitness at this time of year. We bought an expensive one a good few yearsa back and it was worth the money. Feels very sturdy, the pedalling action is smooth and it has a heart rate monitor built in which I find uesful for training sessions.

Does take some serious willpower to use one regularly though, 30 mins session for me max, any more than that and my brains leak out.

thejesmonddingo

I borrowed a Tesco one from next door,and on the hardest setting I've got a candence of 120-130 to get to 120 bpm,think I might one a little harder.
    Ian

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Exercise bike’ is closed to new replies.