Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Excel query
  • 40mpg

Is their a way to set scrolling so the active cell stays central (or thereabouts) on the screen? I’m scrolling down through cells with the cursor keys and have to enter data occasionally – the active cell/cursor is always at the bottom of the screen so I can only see data on that row immediately as it appears at the bottom, so I keep scrolling past and then have to go back up to enter data.

Just a small thing, but there’s a lot of it, so it would help a lot!

konagirl
    Free Member

Could you just filter on the columns so that only the rows you are interested in show up? (Filter on blank in the column you are entering and/or filter on the data you want in the preceeding columns)

scaredypants

mouse wheel ?

page down button ?

40mpg

Cheers Footflaps but this would mean I have to create a form to run the VB? I’ve got a bunch of existing sheets to do this to and was hoping for something much simpler – a setting somewhere.

Filtering won’t work due to random nature of data.

I can scroll/page down or alternately hit ScrLK on/off but its just an annoyance. I just want to see cells all around my current position rather than constantly working on the bottom row of the screen, seems an obvious omission to me as I have this trouble all the time!

footflaps

Yep, basically a macro. You could make it operate over multiple sheets in a workbook, but you’d have to add it to each workbook.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Record a macro to your personal macros workbook, giving it a shourtcut (e.g. ctrl + q doesn’t already do something), between the “Sub” & “End Sub” paste this:

Dim Active_Cell As Range

Set Active_Cell = ActiveCell

With Active_Cell
    .Offset(10, 10).Activate
    .Activate
    End With

Save it and you’ll always be able to run it without having to copy into individual workbooks. Change the 10,10 bit (rows,columns) as you see fit.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Oh, and… Alt+F11 to find what the macro recorder, recorded

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Excel query’ is closed to new replies.